Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Typhoon H Sells Itself

R

Rayray

The Typhoon H really does sell itself.

My son-in-law has watched and even helped as an observer several times during the year as I have flown my Typhoons at different places under varying conditions, including RealSense autonomous flights.

He has no experience with RC or drones and never indicated any interest in buying a copter or even flying mine. He is a successful business owner of over 20 years, good with electro-mechanical stuff, and has a keen analytical mind.

Right after we flew over a big lake several days ago, taking off and landing on a boat (tense landing!:eek:), we had started back home when Mike suddenly said, "I want you to find me a drone to buy. Exactly like yours. If you will help me learn to fly and take care of it?" He went on to say that he had seen some of the other drones flying around, but to him they looked more like toys beside the Typhoon Hexacopters.

Completely surprised me. All I could think to say, "You're joking, right?"

No joke, so he'll have one just like mine but almost a year newer, in a few days. Indeed it sold itself...:)

Yes they are very inspiring to fly. In the hands of a good pilot many a neighbor has seen the typhoon h soaring and banking against the wild blue yonder at incredible distances and have wondered in awe how cool that would be to fly as well !

Reactions: Rayray
I would agree that they sell themselves. The first time I saw the Typhoon H, I knew I must have one. Before that I was mainly looking into DJI but soon after seeing the H I knew that one would be mine some day.

I would agree that they sell themselves. The first time I saw the Typhoon H, I knew I must have one. Before that I was mainly looking into DJI but soon after seeing the H I knew that one would be mine some day.
Yes, love at first sight... ;)

I could tell at first glance that it was the one for me. The 6 rotors for safety, the retractable landing gear, the hope for camera modularity... those things outweigh all the thousands of App Store apps for DJI drones put together.

plus a station with a monitor instead of relying on another device (phone / tablet) and another battery to monitor :(
Honestly, this was a downside for me. The screen is a little small, not bright enough, and if it goes out, the controller is VERY expensive to replace. I thought that the controller was the biggest downside in the whole package, but it has so many more features and controls than the others that it seems to be worth it.

I could tell at first glance that it was the one for me. The 6 rotors for safety, the retractable landing gear, the hope for camera modularity... <snip>
That is, essentially, what sold it to me. At the time I ordered it I was looking for a new aircraft because I was getting ready to retire one of my Phantoms. I was looking for an aircraft to replace it and had been looking at the latest (at the time) Phantoms. But then I became aware of the TH. The TH wasn't yet launched to the consumer in the U.K. but it was available to certain reviewer whose views I trusted so I ordered one on a pre-order and delayed the retirement of the old Phantom until the TH was delivered. Over one year on and I'm still happy with my decision.

I still own a Phantom and fly it fairly regularly, but the TH is more fun.

I like the H because I decide how I will fly it. I do like being the one in control of my aircraft. It doesn't have the manufacturer dictating where it can be flown, nor does it have the manufacturer generating a slew of firmware updates to restrict it.

The "in controller" screen was and still is a large plus for me. Having to use my phone or a tablet, cart around a separate and fragile camera mount, and a few comm cables to assure things always worked when connected, does not fit my definition of simplicity. Loading up my phone with flight control apps, consuming memory, is another feature I can do without. Until well after the Typhoon line came out, DJI stuff always required extra gear linked to the RC controller to make full use of them, much like all the DIY photo/video platforms that came before the advent of consumer drones.

Brands aside, different models fill different niches. You can't have just one and hope to do everything. The H is an easy choice to make though.

Last edited:
No joke, so he'll have one just like mine but almost a year newer, in a few days. Indeed it sold itself...:)

As a member, not so active now, used to say, "BOOM"!

My SIL yesterday ordered one of the RS THs units on sale now.:) Paid 1100. I paid 1900 for mine that he liked so much a year ago.
In another day or so, these low Holiday sale prices will be history.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me