Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The US Army is still looking for its perfect quadcopter drone The Department of Defense awarded $11 million to six companies to make it happen.

Brains and business smarts!
You need just about every one in your outfit to clear a security and some a top secret clearance. Also you need to be in a position to fire up production when you get the green light.
You may be able to build one, but you ain't in the position to manufacture one.
Been there when I did gov. contracting!

Last edited:
Seriously? Any backyard/small shop enthusiast can build them something to those specs for $20K or less.

I don't get it.

They need to spend more. I designed and built some models for NASA Langley Research Center years back and I had it explained to me like this: They had a budget that they devoted to our particular program and if they didn't spend it for that program, then the following year the budget would be reduced to that amount. . . and they can't have that.

For those of us in the private sector we will never be able to fully grasp how much money is wasted . . . , er - spent on these kinds of programs. ;)

He’s right though. Corporate departments follow the same process. If they have unspent money left in the budget 60 days before new budgets are developed they go on spending sprees.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech