Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thermal Cam interchanging

Reaction score
What exactly is available on the market for thermal cams aside from the CGOET and the FLIR that work in tandem with the typhoon and st16? I know that no route is cheap. lol
I am just trying to get ideas and pricing options. Are these two cams our only routes at this point?

What is your projected application?
Yet to be determined really. toy around with at night or locating heat signatures. nothing specific at all. I have only found two options thus far and was curious if the community came up with any alternatives as of yet.

That's not hunting. More like slaughter. No, I'm not anti hunting, but I have flown drones to "hunt" people. There's no "sport" when using a drone.

I fully appreciate your point of view however I am 63 with a very bad back and can only walk limited distances. So even if I were to locate the prey I would still have to hike to where they were and hope they haven't moved, and I would be hunting with only a bow and I'm sure not carrying a copter with me. Now do you understand my point? I would only be using it to help the limited capabilities of my body.

Reactions: NickOcean
Cettainly understand where you're coming from. The opposition doesn't change though.

I fully appreciate your point of view however I am 63 with a very bad back and can only walk limited distances. So even if I were to locate the prey I would still have to hike to where they were and hope they haven't moved, and I would be hunting with only a bow and I'm sure not carrying a copter with me. Now do you understand my point? I would only be using it to help the limited capabilities of my body.

Also need to be cognizant of local and state laws, at least in the U.S. Many have enacted regulations prohibiting tracking, scouting, and/or herding game - hunting related. Even harassing hunters with drones has been addressed by some.

Do a search on hunting and drones/UAS/UAV (pick your combo).

I also agree with PatR; your situation makes using a drone seem logical. However, would not want to see anyone get in trouble, let alone tarnish the already tenuous "public opinion" of legitimate UAS/UAV operators.

Jeff

Also need to be cognizant of local and state laws, at least in the U.S. Many have enacted regulations prohibiting tracking, scouting, and/or herding game - hunting related.

Here in TX hunting deer at night is prohibited. Not sure about hunting chupacabras...:rolleyes:
When the IR cams come down in price, and they eventually will, sales will pick up.:)

I was reading an article the other day about a cell phone/IR concoction made up of various components and Raspberry hardware. Might be worth a Google search

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital