Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thinking of purchasing the Breeze

Reaction score
I am a complete noob to drones but have been following the market for some time and I am ready to buy a good starter drone. I was thinking about the DJI Phantom 3, but after doing some research, I am drawn to the compact design and portability of the Breeze. The camera seems to be the best at its price point, and I like that the replacement parts and accessories seem cheaper than their DJI competitors. The Breeze is a very intriguing package.

I was ready to pick one up at the nearest Best Buy, but then I found out that it doesn't support waypoint guidance. I know that the Breeze is being marketed as a "personal flying camera" more than a traditional drone, but this seems like a glaring omission from its feature set. Is there any chance this feature might be added in a future update? Or is there 3rd party software that might allow this feature?

While this is a personal purchase, I would like to use this for some work purposes as well. I am emergency manager for a community in eastern Kentucky. I thought this might be a good way to get some quick and dirty pictures and footage for accident reconstruction (we currently take pictures with a DSLR from the bucket of a ladder truck) or recon for hazmat spills. I know that there are professional-grade tools for these purpose, but around here, we might only do this kind of work a few times a year, so spending big bucks probably isn't merited. It would be nice to get a drone that could be used for these purposes, as well as getting some aerial footage of the kids playing with the dogs. Maybe I'm expecting too much out of a $400 unit, but it is oh so close to being everything I want at an impulse price point.

Something to consider, any kind of work related photos, even emergency stuff you will need to get your Part 107 license to be legal.

I purchased a Yuneec Breeze it's on its way. I went to the web sites to register it does not show up on their list. Does it still have to be registered with the FAA? Hope someone can help with this question.

I purchased a Yuneec Breeze it's on its way. I went to the web sites to register it does not show up on their list. Does it still have to be registered with the FAA? Hope someone can help with this question.
If I read the rules correctly you must register any drone over .55 lbs. I registered mine just to be safe. It's a lot cheaper than the fine.

I actually ordered the Breeze myself. I'm going to pick up the controller (don't care much about the fpv goggles) asap. I've also began studying for the Part 107 exam. Our local airport is a testing site, so it's convenient at least.

I look forward to learning more and contributing to this community!

Breeze is a great drone for a NOOB! behaves very well IF you carefully read all the instructions! Even better, review all the many u Tube videos on the subject. Look at two videos by Bo Lorentzen on the Breeze. The Breeze has lots of user friendly functions. iPhone 6 control works through a direct WiFi connection to the drone. Mine has worked perfectly right out of the box since I got it in mid October. Since it is within the weight envelope for FAA registration, you do have to register it with FAA. (Easy on-line process) If you intend to sell any photos it takes, you do need an additional FAA waiver, which requires a test. Doubt whether any photos taken for your personal use, be that job related or just personally would require an FCC waiver, (Caution, this is just my personal opinion and NOT the final say on drone usage.) I think the determining factor on an FCC waiver, is if you intend to sell any resultant Photos or videos the drone captures. As a guy who wasted a lot of bucks for drones with all kinds of features I could care less about and simply wanted one that is easy to fly, I would recommend this bird any time!

My Breeze arrived Wednesday, but because of lack of time and the weather (snow), I've not had time to try it out and I definitely don't want to fly it in the house. It's been cold here (temps in the mid-teens and lower), but the chilly weather doesn't really bother me. However, will the Breeze be affected by the cold if I decide to fly it? I know that temperature variations can affect batteries, but I don't think I've seen anything regarding the range of operating temperatures for the Breeze.

Took the Breeze out for its maiden flight yesterday. This is my first time flying a drone or really anything other than a SMYA helicopter my son got for Christmas. I am impressed at how stable the Breeze was. Flew over my house and inspected the roof and took some footage of my kids and the dog playing the in the back yard. The video quality was good, but the still photography kind of sucked, which is surprising for a "flying selfie cam."

I am sort of doubtful that it could reach even a hundred feet in elevation, much less the 294' max, because it seemed to be working hard to get even 30 feet up. It wasn't windy (NWS said calm). I'll take it out again today and give it another flight or two before I make a final decision about whether to keep it or return it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430