Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

third party charging lead for yuneec typhoon h3

Reaction score
any one considering taking on a project to make charging leads that can be used on a third party charger for the typhoon h3 and the h520e?

Do you have the OEM charger for either one?

If so, open the bottom and take a photo of the contact block where the internal wiring connects.

It can probably be modified like the SC 4000 for the TH and H520/H+.

however yuneec changed the battery chemistry to lithium ion high voltage based instead of what is on the h520 current oem battery. Therefore I got to find a charger that is compatible. the voltage 4.4 instead of 4.2 per cell

The current H520 (and H Plus) uses a LiHV (High Voltage Lithium Polymer) 15.2V battery pack. Full charge is 4.35V per cell giving 17.4V at full charge on the pack. The H480 uses the 14.8V LiPo pack giving a full charge of 16.8V (4.2V per cell).

The charger I was wanting a photo of is the OEM charger for the H520e. I was assuming you get one when you purchase the aircraft.

I went to Vertigo Drones and Yuneec US websites to get specs on the H520e. Both show it using a 6200mAh 4S LiPo battery pack. Neither gives the nominal voltage of the pack so it is impossible to tell if it is a 14.8V LiPo or a 15.4V LiHV. There is nothing about switching to a Lithium ion like the ST16 series controllers.

Will you upload a photo of the info plate on the battery?

@Hypano i know you have yours in operation. What is the nominal voltage of the battery packs?

Edit: The Yuneec US website shows the battery as a 15.2V LiPo when you go to buy the battery itself, which would actually make it a LiHV pack. The weird part is they have a photo of the battery for the H520 not the H520e with the new connector type (like the H3).

Last edited:
I emailed yuneec for clarification on the dual charger which is listed for the h3. I am waiting on ups for the h520e 90x camera order from vertigo drones. I think yuneec eu got the info crossed,

I emailed yuneec for clarification on the dual charger which is listed for the h3. I am waiting on ups for the h520e 90x camera order from vertigo drones. I think yuneec eu got the info crossed,
The way they describe the battery on the US site is 15.4V Lithium ion polymer (aka LiPo).

I see from another post that you got your H520e! Congrats!

When you get a chance upload photos of the battery, and if feeling brave open the bottom of the charger and take a photo of the contact block.

11-14-2020 when I going to get a real good look at it. I work overnights at a local home depot. I holding out hope the the new yuneec site in fact is selling the dual charger I need. Waiting on information from them.

So the battery has the same connector as the H3?

What is the voltage on the battery info panel?

Reactions: Mike Irish
flight battery h520e is the same connector as typhoon h3. not compatible with 1st gen h520 dual charger. yuneec has yet to ship it out just ordered it have not tracking info yet.

Foundit and have the link!

Here is the link for the H520e and the double battery charger. There the new type concoctions.
Post updated
It appears that there are two different batteries. Note there are different mAh
BATTERY3.6V 8700mAh 31.32Wh Li-ion

BATTERY4S 6200mAh Li Ion
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
got 2 new chargers coming in first is the dual charger for h3 battery only the second one can handle the h520e as soon as I hack the oem orange charge cube to make it a dummy pass through.

Reactions: Mike Irish
however yuneec changed the battery chemistry to lithium ion high voltage based instead of what is on the h520 current oem battery. Therefore I got to find a charger that is compatible. the voltage 4.4 instead of 4.2 per cell
The batteries are actually 4S LiHV (LiPo) @ 6200mah for the H520E and still 5250 for the H3.

The batteries are actually 4S LiHV (LiPo) @ 6200mah for the H520E and still 5250 for the H3.
Strange. This must be different in Texas in regards to the batteries 5250 thas is supplied for the H3? Here in Europe it comes with the LiHV 5250mAh 4s 15.2v(79Wh) pack. The connections are also different to the older H520 and the H Plus,This is also supplied a standard with the H520 and the H Plus. Strange, nothing is straightforward any more. My thoughts on the change to the connections ,maybe they have doubled up on eich connections as a safety factor (redundancy so to speak) IE. Two negatives/ Two positives and two each for each of the balance leads?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco