Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

This is not what you want to see when you edit your video. CGO-ET

@Steve Carr
I wish my stupid pilot error would been more like your's. Mine caught the branch and went straight down. Guess I am going to learn Typhoon H repair 101.
I haven't always been so lucky so I also have been forced to the repair bench. These are some of my luckier encounters with trees:

Reactions: Impact9 and Rubik
Well, the parts came from Vertigo Drones today and I got it all put back together. Fired it up and it came alive, and the camera worked. Tomorrow I will try and put it into the air. Here is my crash footage.

The news was good. She flew. I have had a situation ever since this bird was new that I need to address. She seems lazy with stick controls. I have other drones and they all seem more responsive than my H. Not complaining here, just need to figure this out. Being as how the FAA considers this an aircraft, now that I have repaired it, can I claim AirCraft Mechanic.....just sayin.

Reactions: CSI
Checked the Hardware monitor and the sticks seem to go almost full 98% When I checked the channel settings the AIL would go -24 when the stick was at center. Would this be the cause of my drifting?

Checked the Hardware monitor and the sticks seem to go almost full 98% When I checked the channel settings the AIL would go -24 when the stick was at center. Would this be the cause of my drifting?
Probably although that should show in hardware monitor. In any case, do you know how to do the ST16 calibration?

Unfortunately I do not. This unit has a history of flight before I got it new. I'm starting to wonder if I got a refurbished unit somehow.

Unfortunately I do not. This unit has a history of flight before I got it new. I'm starting to wonder if I got a refurbished unit somehow.
In the telemetry folder there will be a few test flights. That would be normal. Each flight is number sequentially so it's easy to see how many flights there are.
I'll get you a link for the ST16 cal.

I've never found a good quality video on the ST16 cal but this one should do. Just MAKE sure the camera tilt and rabbit/turtle sliders are CENTERED before doing the cal and return them to center after the light turns green. This is critical.

Steve

I did manage to get a calibration. When I checked the channel settings, everything seemed to be good. The weather is supposed to be good enough for a short flight tomorrow, so I'll give her a try. Thank you much!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Steve
I did manage to get a calibration. When I checked the channel settings, everything seemed to be good. The weather is supposed to be good enough for a short flight tomorrow, so I'll give her a try. Thank you much!
Just curious if that changed the reading in Channel Settings.

When I was doing the calibration, it took a long time to get a green for the j4 I think it was. But I did finally get a green. When I looked at the Channel Settings they looked to be normal. I didn't get that -24 on the ail.

When I was doing the calibration, it took a long time to get a green for the j4 I think it was. But I did finally get a green. When I looked at the Channel Settings they looked to be normal. I didn't get that -24 on the ail.
Yeah, you might need to clean the pots if you still experience the sluggish response. It should be snappy and smooth. I think you're getting closer to that Aircraft Mechanic certification. Good work!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joyflightfare