Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tilt control on gimbal broken...

Reaction score
I was out yesterday for a few really good flights and noticed that my tilt control doesn't go the full
90 degrees... it stops with about 20 degrees left to go (UP). I looked at the curves in the controller, did a calibration, to no avail...
Then, I tried applying a bit of pressure to the dial (in the up position) with my hand, and it worked. I think the pot
on the dial is dirty and stopped making good contact. Has anyone had theirs apart? I know that
alchohol or WD-40 may do the job...

Thoughts?

THANKS

I was out yesterday for a few really good flights and noticed that my tilt control doesn't go the full
90 degrees... it stops with about 20 degrees left to go (UP). I looked at the curves in the controller, did a calibration, to no avail...
Then, I tried applying a bit of pressure to the dial (in the up position) with my hand, and it worked. I think the pot
on the dial is dirty and stopped making good contact. Has anyone had theirs apart? I know that

Thoughts?

THANKS

I do not think, you need to fix the problem with any fluid.

For calibration, it is important to do it the rigth way, otherwise you get a wrong result.

n7ep9tab.jpg

Thoughts?

THANKS

I've got a gimbal that freezes in calibration t it's first upward extreme right angle. I ended up, like you, giving it a nudge and it marched forward and finished calibration. It finished offset to left as expected and centered right up after reboot. I'm going to try a little compressed air on the main roll motor that's responsible for level horizon. It's not affecting flight but is a weird anomaly I've never had with my other H nor this one till the other day. I did have team mode still selected during that last calibration so today I'll try again in single mode.

I had this issue after mucking around with the calibration also. Make sure both your variable switches on the back are in the centre position before calibrating. Have you ever been into the calibration menu?

I had this issue after mucking around with the calibration also. Make sure both your variable switches on the back are in the centre position before calibrating. Have you ever been into the calibration menu?
I have been in there... but I will make sure they are centered.... do they have to be centered fter calibration?

As others have noted, WD-40 is a bad plan. WD-40 is like a dust magnet. Alcohol is a good choice. Contact cleaner "may" work, but there are some issues with it. If it is being used in a spray can form, it comes out very cold, and has a tendency to crack, or dry out plastics very rapidly due to the propellant. Either way, after cleaning, allow at least a half hour for evaporation, and for the parts to gradually warm back to room temperature if using a contact cleaner. Do not use a fan to accelerate the drying process.

I have been in there... but I will make sure they are centered.... do they have to be centered fter calibration?
You could try leaving them centred after the red boxes go green. Have you been into the test the calibration, shows you the switch positions etc? Are the switches reacting to the full range?

When I look at the switch positions on the display... the tilt control goes up to about the 15 or 20 degree range... then anaps all the way up but only
with a firm press of the button

Thanks for all of the help and input!
I did it the correct way today (Centered) and it worked perfect! :)

Reactions: Steve Carr
Remember you have a gimbal mode switch (Angle/Velocity) at the top left face of the ST-16. The position of that switch establishes maximum gimbal elevation. Always calibrate the gimbal with the slider position centered.

Reactions: Brent D

Thoughts?

THANKS
i had the same issue on both sliders, no matter how many times I calibrated all the switches and knobs in hardware calibration, I could not get the travel to more than 40% and then it varied every time you moved the sliders, so suspecting bad pots I sent the ST16 back and they confirmed it was unrepairable and sent me a new one !!....been fine since

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis