Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tilting over of my H

Reaction score
I took off on level ground and did the flight taking real estate photos and at the end just as my first alarm sounded I directed the H to return all was fine gear went down and it hovered at about three feet. I took over as it seemed strange but brought it down to ground level. That’s when the trouble started, the ground was not quite level, it was not by any means mountain goat country or anything but once it was on the ground I held the down stick until I heard the pitch change as I have done hundreds of times before indicting all good to let go and then shut down. Suddenly the motors throttled up and it tried really hard to lift off again but because it was on a tilt it started to pitch over. The only thing I could do without being chopped up by the blades was hold down the cut out button and thankfully the blades stopped this time. The previous time this happened it tilted right over and I had to rescue it before it went swimming in the customer pool. Has this happened to anyone else and do the members here think it was because of the slight unevenness of the ground. Appreciate your help.

Possible 5 degrees no more but it was also uneven lumpy which may have changed the gyro I assume.

I've had this happen, when the grass was uneven, a landing gear would bury its self while the other stayed on top of the grass.

I agree with AH and Phaedrus, especially in strange areas such as real estate jobs where you've never flown, hand catching is a good tool to have. You never know what lays beneath or around the landing area. Also when landing, make sure the rate slider is at full so when you pull the throttle to idle, it really goes to idle and be ready to hit the kill switch at the same time. 5 degrees should be no problem though.

Reactions: biltno
I took off on level ground and did the flight taking real estate photos and at the end just as my first alarm sounded I directed the H to return all was fine gear went down and it hovered at about three feet. I took over as it seemed strange but brought it down to ground level.

While RTH is an available option, I suggest that you practice flying the aircraft in angle mode the entire time... RTH should be reserved as primarily an emergency landing mode, not SOP.

That’s when the trouble started, the ground was not quite level, it was not by any means mountain goat country or anything but once it was on the ground I held the down stick until I heard the pitch change as I have done hundreds of times before indicting all good to let go and then shut down. Suddenly the motors throttled up and it tried really hard to lift off again but because it was on a tilt it started to pitch over. The only thing I could do without being chopped up by the blades was hold down the cut out button and thankfully the blades stopped this time. The previous time this happened it tilted right over and I had to rescue it before it went swimming in the customer pool. Has this happened to anyone else and do the members here think it was because of the slight unevenness of the ground. Appreciate your help.

Please go over the links in the following post for the available options when landing...

Landing Difficulties / Options

Also helpful is never reaching for a drone or getting up close and personal with one unless and until the propellers have stopped and the system is disarmed.

Hand catching is an exception to that as most people assure the props are above their head when they hand catch. Just don’t lower one after catching until the props have stopped.

Reactions: AH-1G and Phaedrus
5 degrees is no problem but lumpy ground can be. If the area around you is lumpy then hand catch. I generally like to land on the ground if the ground is even (not lumpy) and not too much slope. 'Turns out, though, that most places where I fly the ground id often lumpy.

Here is an example of a smooth ground landing

Landing mat is a very good item to have, whenever I'm on grassy, dusty area, even a bit stony.

Necessary item with every flight. I like having a clean, designated spot to land/take off from. My Mavic Air can absolutely nail the RTH function if I allow it to do a Precision Home Point at take off. It uses the camera in addition to the GPS to get an image of its Home Point. Wherever it is you can trigger RTH and it’ll come back and land on the pad. It’s pretty impressive.

I also have 3 extra big orange ones I take to the park when I’m flying for fun or training. I place them out randomly, 50’, 100’, 150’ away....then I try to land on them. It’s great depth perception and pin point landing practice. Try to not use the camera at all.....it’s okay at first while you’re learning, not using it to land but to help getting lined up with quick glances.....but once you start getting good try to do it all visually. It’s harder than it sounds.

Necessary item with every flight. I like having a clean, designated spot to land/take off from. My Mavic Air can absolutely nail the RTH function if I allow it to do a Precision Home Point at take off. It uses the camera in addition to the GPS to get an image of its Home Point. Wherever it is you can trigger RTH and it’ll come back and land on the pad. It’s pretty impressive.

I also have 3 extra big orange ones I take to the park when I’m flying for fun or training. I place them out randomly, 50’, 100’, 150’ away....then I try to land on them. It’s great depth perception and pin point landing practice. Try to not use the camera at all.....it’s okay at first while you’re learning, not using it to land but to help getting lined up with quick glances.....but once you start getting good try to do it all visually. It’s harder than it sounds.

Wondering if I can get a custom landing pad with the following ?

Today's physics lesson:

If you and the aircraft attempt
to occupy the
same space at
the
same time, it will not end well.

Reactions: Fred Garvin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member