Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

To Repair or Not To Repair

Reaction score
Last summer my Q500 4K had a battery failure and fell from about 40 feet as it was descending for a landing. The airframe was destroyed, 2 motors were broken, need to do some rewiring, and get a few small parts for the gimble. Camera works fine. I am having a problem finding Q500 parts online. Everywhere online either doesn’t even list them or show them as discontinued. Starting to wonder if it’s even worth continuing to look for parts or if I should just invest in something new. Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Sad
Reactions: 7cyclops
Last summer my Q500 4K had a battery failure and fell from about 40 feet as it was descending for a landing. The airframe was destroyed, 2 motors were broken, need to do some rewiring, and get a few small parts for the gimble. Camera works fine. I am having a problem finding Q500 parts online. Everywhere online either doesn’t even list them or show them as discontinued. Starting to wonder if it’s even worth continuing to look for parts or if I should just invest in something new. Any advice would be much appreciated.
My 500+ tried to eat my aluminum extension ladder about 2 yrs. ago. I found an airframe for 60.00. There were plenty at that time. I managed to get throught it,probably had about 30 hours of my time,hard to say as I walked away from it several times.. Hardest part was soldering the esc boards,actually desoldering was hardest. I had all the right stuff, digital iron solder suckers proper tips flux etc. Next time I think I would cut and splice the wires. Gonna be hard to find one right now. Be d illigent there are some. Ask on the forum someone had one a month or so ago. Good luck. Keith C. Q500 is definitely worth the fix. My Favorite allaround Drone to this day.

Reactions: Q4KMD
facebook marketplace

Reactions: Q4KMD and 7cyclops
Honestly been down this road and have spent a butt load of money buying this part and that part to repair a Q500..

Here is your best bang for the buck as to a repair.

You will spend a ton of money and time trying to repair a crashed Q500

Reactions: Q4KMD
Have a read of my post. Not to sure how far away you are, but you are welcome to my Q500+ including all my accessories. Free to collect.

Have a read of my post. Not to sure how far away you are, but you are welcome to my Q500+ including all my accessories. Free to collect.
Is this something you wish to sell. PM me if so.Keith C.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430