Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Top camera mount

Reaction score
There is a more professional size bird by freefly called the alta. It has the ability to mount the gimbal and camera on top of the aircraft. In some of the videos ive seen there can be some advantages. Not sure how often this wpuld be handy but a cool option anyway.What do you think about having that option on the H? It would make it more top heavy...might impact the balance of the H.

Bill W.

Don't think the H could ever lift 15 lbs, but I thought that Alta runs 15 to 20 K.

What can the H lift, I thought someone was gonna test it?

Well i was thinking a redesigned cog3+ that could also slide in and mount to the top. No weight difference just maybe a balance issue

Bill W.

Well i was thinking a redesigned cog3+ that could also slide in and mount to the top. No weight difference just maybe a balance issue

Bill W.
So it could not be damaged so easy? Don't know, but I think the H could handle the balance, handles the extended batteries well.

So it could not be damaged so easy? Don't know, but I think the H could handle the balance, handles the extended batteries well.
If you did bridge inspections you coupd go under the bridge and see up with out obstruction. But im not sure of the faa regulations about flying under structures.

Bill W.

Hey...dont knock it till you try it....haha!

Seriously tgo...i amthinking of mounting my gopro on top just for a different perspective.

Bill W.
There are already quite a few Pro Grade drones out that have the mount options on the top, balance would not be a issue as they are positioned and designed for optimal balance!, Now if "We" just "Sick One Up There" LOL ! We have to make sure to find and utilize the Center of Gravity, and match aft and rear optimal CG points and it can work!:rolleyes:

Reactions: BillyTexas
There are already quite a few Pro Grade drones out that have the mount options on the top, balance would not be a issue as they are positioned and designed for optimal balance!, Now if "We" just "Sick One Up There" LOL ! We have to make sure to find and utilize the Center of Gravity, and match aft and rear optimal CG points and it can work!:rolleyes:
Yes...if i were to mount my gopro i would dry fit with battery in to find the right balance. I have to check center of gravity on my fixed wing aircraft.

Bill W.

Reactions: DroneClone

Extended batteries???

Well if you could look up with the camera it would be of interest to me. Inspection of underside of bridges and other structures for instance.

One of my students is a certified bridge inspector working for FDOT here in S fla and they want me to make that happen. the camera controls would be inverted so it could make it confusing to operate.

Mount the gimbal to the front, allowing 180 vertical rotation top to bottom. Such has been used with other inspection systems for a long time, and are still available.

The H GPS system is easily blocked. I have concerns it would not function well with a top mounted gimbal. If you want to test that just place your hand a couple inches above the GPS location. You'll still have satellites but lose GPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ralphy
Mount the gimbal to the front, allowing 180 vertical rotation top to bottom. Such has been used with other inspection systems for a long time, and are still available.

The H GPS system is easily blocked. I have concerns it would not function well with a top mounted gimbal. If you want to test that just place your hand a couple inches above the GPS location. You'll still have satellites but lose GPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cant really do that because the gimbal is programmed for the downward operation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval