Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tornado H920 camera and obstacle avoidance issues

Reaction score
having trouble with getting video started when you hold down button on st16 ground station when it does finally start it sometimes will not stop recording until you power down the 920
also can't get obstical avoidance to work any ideas?

The button for start/stop video is a press and release action. Not sure what happens when it is held in. Same for stooping the video, press and release.

There is no obstacle avoidance on the H920. The switch on the ST24 that is comparable to the OBS on the ST16 is a GPS enable/disable switch.

Last edited:
ok thank you so not sure why camera is not working as far as video goes maybe not getting good signal? will try again next when weather permits

In the menus for the ST24 is there a hardware monitor where the switches and sticks can be tested to check functionality?

Will the camera take photos properly? Remember to set the mode to photo first, you can’t be in video mode setting and take a photo and vice versa.

correct you have to change between the two via settings I have the st16 ground station but a previous response said the obstacle avoidance was not a working function on the Tornado 920

If you have the ST16 then you have the H920+, not the 920.

Is your camera the CGO4?

The H920 had the Sony Alpha 7 camera.

We need to verify which system you actually have and go from there.

I have only just bought a few weeks ago it is a Tornado H920 with st16 ground station and CGO4 camera

OK, you actually have the H920+, so I will move this thread into the H920+ Discussion forum. I will clean up the thread after the move.

No problem being a rookie we have all been there. You can find manuals and such here Tornado H920-Plus courtesy of @Yuneec Skins .

For starters the H920 and H920+ do not have obstacle avoidance, The ST16 controller has that switch because it is also used for the Typhoon H (H480) series. If you go into the Model Select you will see that both the Tornado 920+ and the Typhoon H have models there. While we are on the subject it is a good idea to create a new model based on the 920+ and name it like Bobs920Plus. Then bind to that new model.

What are you using for a SD card in the CGO4 camera? It should be a 16GB to 128GB card with a Class 10 rating (C with a 10 inside it) or U3 rated. You can test the camera without flying. Power on the controller and then the aircraft with CGO4 mounted.

Set the camera to Photo mode and take a few shots. Does it have trouble capturing stills?

Now set it to video mode and start by pressing the video record button and releasing it. Pick up the drone and walkaround with it a bit then set it down and press the video button to stop the recording.
Did it capture video or is it laboring to do so? if the camera is sluggish to commands try a different SD card. Also check that the Mushroom or Flat Patch antenna is screwed in fully on the center antenna connector on the controller.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
sd card is a SanDisk 512GB extreme pro I have taken a few stills and a couple of videos I will try a few more of each tomorrow weather pending, it just seems as though its not receiving signal to initiate recording or to terminate but will play with a bit more and yes antennas are tight thank you for your response

I think your problem is the size of the SD card. I am sure it takes a 128GB for maximum size.

ok I can try smaller it just don't seem like that would have anything at all to do with starting or stopping recording

The interface is not programmed to accept a card that large so the processor is confused. I think you will find 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB cards will work fine. Only format them in FAT32 or exFAT, never NTFS.

Any luck?

I actually tried the same card today the SandDisk 512gb It worked with no issues today thank you

How much memory is reported for that card on the controller?

On the main screen it shows SD on the upper right side with the amount of free space on the SD card installed in the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval