Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tornado H920 info

Reaction score
Can not find much info on these. Looking at an upgrade from my Typhoon H. Real estate photos, tracking livestock, sports events, crop production are my main use.

Was looking at a Inspire or a Phantom Pro 4, but then one of these showed up for sale.

6 batteries
case
2 sets of blades
charger
CG04 Camera

He is wanting 1500.00

TYIA

This is very old, unsupported by the manufacturer, has no source of new batteries, and so on.

Try to find H+, if you want to obtain a Yuneec drone. It is well balanced between the price and the capabilities.

Reactions: STRIKEREPO
has no source of new batteries
Although the rest is true I have to disagree on this one. Unlike DJI the Tornado uses ordinary LiPo batteries. They do not even apply a special case or connector like other Yuneec drones. As long as they fit in the battery tray and they supply the voltage and power needed you can use any battery you like. The original batteries were trash anyway.

In my opinion the H920 is not suitable for real estate photography. It is way too large and way too heavy. Furthermore the image quality of smaller drones should be more than sufficient for your purpose. I would recommend something smaller like the H+ or H3 if you want to stick with Yuneec.

Crop production on the other hand is a little bit more specialized. Therefore I recommend the H520. If you really want to get into this you should also think about stuf like multispectral imaging.

In my opinion the H920 is not suitable for real estate photography. It is way too large and way too heavy.

In all honesty I very, very rarely fly my Typhoons for a Real Estate Shoot or a Roof Inspection. They're just too big and take longer to deploy than my Mavic 2 Pro.

My M2P deploys in minutes, has a FANTASTIC camera, and can get into and out of tight spots, under tree canopy, can fly indoors (rare) and flies ~25 mins per battery. The Occusync communications system is rock solid.

I do fly a Typhoon for large rural property shoots and in higher wind conditions, although the M2P is proven (my own personal experience) in steady winds of 20MPH with gusts to 30. I'm not a DJI fanboy by any means, but they sure knocked it outta the park with the M2P. Workhorse for nearly 3 years now. Their Flysafe Geofencing has not really presented an issue, as my account is registered as a business with them so all unlocks have been processed (and approved) in minutes. Plus, they've done a pretty good job of cleaning up junk/invalid restricted zones and tightened up proximity to airports and approach/departure zones.

Right tool for the job. Trying to get a One Stop Shop is difficult, although a P4P is pretty dang close. You've got a pretty large range of requirements to just have one "Do-it-All" in your fleet.

Works well for heavy lift short flights. Chases everything else away on lift off. You need to have space to fly. I sold mine to group in Ukranie they are probably using it for small ordinance deployement. Nice that it uses standar LiPos.

1659014083239.png

• Haha
Reactions: STRIKEREPO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval