Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tornado H920 Plus firmware updates

Reaction score
so looking for info on updating firmware on st16 controller have connection to internet but comes up with error message.
do they need updated when you get them.
I have only had for a few weeks T.I.A. retro bob 616-291-2785

The first thing would be to see if your current firmware is up to date. If you will post a screenshot or picture of your firmware versions page, it would be a good start on the discussion.
Are you experiencing any problems or shortcomings with your H920 Plus?

The firmware is here
so looking for info on updating firmware on st16 controller have connection to internet but comes up with error message.
I have only had for a few weeks T.I.A. retro bob 616-291-2785
you are getting an error message because the Yuneec update servers are not working for the older models now.

I will upload and send screenshots of ground stations
#1 seems to preform best but doesn't auto land when battery voltage drops below 22.6 I have been landing around 22.3volts
#2seems to go into auto land at 22.6volts and losses gps lock

Attachments

• IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0407.JPG
    IMG_0407.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
Both controllers are up to date. The last firmware for the ST16 was released in early 2017.

I will upload and send screenshots of ground stations
#1 seems to preform best but doesn't auto land when battery voltage drops below 22.6 I have been landing around 22.3volts
#2seems to go into auto land at 22.6volts and losses gps lock
Both ground stations are on current firmware. But without being bound to drone and camera, we can't see the rest. I don't have an H920 plus. I'm sure we can figure out what is current, or someone else can tell us, but if you can power up the drone and repeat the pictures, it will show us what you have on the drone and camera.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Does anyone have tips on the Tornado H920 plus update? I have ST16-systemv03.01.b30, ST16-app v01.00.45... new Gens Ace 5000mah batteries, still only getting 9 minutes of flight time with 24.8 volts battery remaining.

Does anyone have tips on the Tornado H920 plus update? I have ST16-systemv03.01.b30, ST16-app v01.00.45... new Gens Ace 5000mah batteries, still only getting 9 minutes of flight time with 24.8 volts battery remaining.
You are on the latest firmware and software for the ST16 and to my knowledge the H920+ never had a firmware update so that should be fine.

Your batteries should start at 25.2V (4.2V/cell) and low battery alarm should be around 22.2V (3.7V/cell). I am assuming you are using 2 Gens Ace batteries in parallel.

You are on the latest firmware and software for the ST16 and to my knowledge the H920+ never had a firmware update so that should be fine.

Your batteries should start at 25.2V (4.2V/cell) and low battery alarm should be around 22.2V (3.7V/cell). I am assuming you are using 2 Gens Ace batteries in parallel.
So how can I get more flight time without the alarm notification telling me to land the H920?

I'm not running the 2 Gens Ace batteries in parallels. Am I suppose to run them in parallel?

The original OEM 4000mAh batteries for the H920 series allowed 3 in parallel in the battery compartment. You should be able to fit both Gens Ace 5000mAh packs in the battery bay. The wiring that is already present allows them to run in parallel.

The original OEM 4000mAh batteries for the H920 series allowed 3 in parallel in the battery compartment. You should be able to fit both Gens Ace 5000mAh packs in the battery bay. The wiring that is already present allows them to run in parallel.
ok, this is how the batteries are installed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220808-145123_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20220808-145123_Word.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 15
Page 12 of the attached manual says you need to use at least two batteries. Three would give more flight time, of course. But I have no idea if you have room for the third one.

Attachments

• Manual-H920-Plus-EN.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
I suggest you do not fool with the Firmware, it should Fly fine the way you received it... there's a Good Chance you will cause issues or Brick the Aircraft... Just Go Fly It...;)
It's not uncommon for the ST16 to Not Display the Drone, Gimbal or Camera Firmware for the H920+.

Reactions: Pier2162
ok, this is how the batteries are installed.
Not sure if you’ve checked, but from the included photo, battery (2) doesn’t appear to be squarely seated. I know from experience that having one battery not completely installed will cause less flight time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech