Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Transferring Image Data From Mantis Q and SD Card

Reaction score
The owner’s manual information about the transfer of image data seems very limited. Can someone help me to find good information on this topic? Also explain the statements below from the manual.

WARNING: After inserting the Micro SD card in the computer, be sure to safely eject the SD card properly so it does not corrupt the card. If you directly pull out the Micro SD card from the computer and plug it into the aircraft, the aircraft with this Micro SD card won’t support the digital video downlink, and the photo taking and video recording function can not be performed.

Does this mean that once you pull out the micro SD card and insert it into a computer and then attempt to reinsert it back into the drone it’s done for ? ( I think my Sandisk card is now useless! ) Should I plug the drone USB port directly to the computer and download images that way? Any help would be appreciated!

J,

What the warning is trying to do is remind users of proper computer/memory card procedures.

For a Windows PC, have you ever looked at Window explorer (file manager) with each of your drives in view? You should see one designated as your flash memory card. If you right click on the corresponding drive letter or icon, you should see a menu item labeled: “Eject”. Clicking this will prepare for removal by closing any system ties to it.

If it says it “cannot at this time” it means you have another window or program that is referencing the card. Close the window or program and try again.

Once successful “ejected” you can remove the card from your pc.

There are other ways to do it (windows 8 and 10 have a task bar utility).

It is the same concept as ejecting a cd or dvd. Pretty close, anyway.

The purpose is to ensure one doesn’t have any files open, located on the flash drive, before disconnecting.

Also, it isn’t always going to be a bad thing if you do pull out the card before “ejecting”. It’s good practice to eject first.

Also, if all else fails when put back in your craft, there is a format function that should return your card to a useable state.

Google “safely removing hardware” or “ejecting usb flash drive from pc” or something similar. Should find all kinds of information.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

With my busy life and using an iPhone as my only camera, it’s been YEARS since I’ve used any device containing a removable card. I appreciate the info!

Thanks Jeff,

With my busy life and using an iPhone as my only camera, it’s been YEARS since I’ve used any device containing a removable card. I appreciate the info!

iUnderstand where you are coming from. Try showing a picture or video if you store your stuff in iCloud and are not in a good WiFi area. In my job I have worked with many different OS’es and each has its own way of taking care of storage devices. The one thing I dislike about iPhones is the lack of removable storage for images.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss