Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Transmitter Tray

Reaction score
Have any of you used the Copperdog Typhoon H transmitter Tray. Results?
I see they are now releasing the Steady Drive. Have to admit the Cruise Control on the H Pro was nice. No idea why it’s not on the H plus.
Bill Dunnuck

Ty’s tray is an essential bit of kit for me. Use it all the time. Extremely well built and the balanced, comfortable rig is the way to go. Have the SteadyDrive on order.....can’t wait to start using it.

Oh my! I can see this is going to be a very L O N G thread, with all the same answers!
I love this trey and would not consider lifting off without it! Safe to say there will not be one post here to the contrary!

There was another thread a while back where I posted a detailed comparison with a Zero Gravity harness, the only other harness/trey that is even comparable. You will find it here:
Zero gravity harness. Even though it is about half the price, it isn't even half the trey that Copperdawg makes.

Last edited:
I use the tray every time I pull out my H Plus, which is almost every day. It is super comfortable, easy to get my huge hands around to the touchscreen, balanced, and lightweight. There is only 1 drawback to it, but I worked around it. With the H Plus backpack, it only fits in the top zipper pouch one way, and there can't be anything else in it before putting it in there. I only keep SD cards, business cards, and a folding white balance card in there with it.

I purchased two of the trays for our inspection business and wished that I had the trays months earlier. That is what my back and neck have been saying since the purchase, they weren't cheap but are very well made and the best thing since they invented canned beer or sliced bread.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: AH-1G
Thank you all very much. Absolutely unanimous response. Hard to find that in anything. With the Phantoms apparently gone, our Typhoons should be flying off the shelves.
Bill Dunnuck

For those of you who already have the CD tray, is it even slightly "Universal"? I have other makes of Tx that I use and need a tray that works for all of them. It doesn't have to lock/engage the other Tx but it need to be made in a way that others can still be used with it easily.

Don’t know about that Al but as the ST-16 is considerably wider than just about every RC transmitter, with the exception of one European brand, it should effectively support all of them.

Reactions: BigAl07
Don’t know about that Al but as the ST-16 is considerably wider than just about every RC transmitter, with the exception of one European brand, it should effectively support all of them.

Thank you sir. I agree with your logic there as the ST-16 dwarfs all of my other controllers... I could probably put 2 of many of them on this tray LOL. That would be a picture worth grabbing LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: NemesisChiken
Indeed!

There’s certainly room on the market for a “universal” tray with something like adjustable sliders that would allow expansion or contraction to accept different size transmitters. Having a screen mount that could accept monitors from phone size up to a large tablet would be tremendous for added value.

Up to now most TX trays have been designed around a particular TX size, where a tray might accept a few but not accept a TX larger than a certain average. As those that also fly “normal” RC likely have multiple transmitters that fall in that range it would be pretty nice to have a universal tray that would also accommodate multirotor transmitters that tend to be much larger or much smaller than the average sized RC transmitter. Being able to adapt different sized monitors/viewing devices on a secure mount as well would be icing on the cake.

Reactions: BigAl07
Indeed!

There’s certainly room on the market for a “universal” tray with something like adjustable sliders that would allow expansion or contraction to accept different size transmitters. Having a screen mount that could accept monitors from phone size up to a large tablet would be tremendous for added value.

Up to now most TX trays have been designed around a particular TX size, where a tray might accept a few but not accept a TX larger than a certain average. As those that also fly “normal” RC likely have multiple transmitters that fall in that range it would be pretty nice to have a universal tray that would also accommodate multirotor transmitters that tend to be much larger or much smaller than the average sized RC transmitter. Being able to adapt different sized monitors/viewing devices on a secure mount as well would be icing on the cake.

Have you been in my workshop looking at my transmitter shelf or something? You just described me to a "T" when it comes to Tx's. I've got everything from the ST-16 (by far my largest) down to some "toy" units that will fit in the palm of your hand LOL!

It sounds almost like we just described a new product for CopperDog (@Ty Pilot ) to start working on.

Sorry for the thread hijack @Bill Dunnuck . I take responsibility for the derailment :)

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio