Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tri-Color LED

Reaction score
Performing some cleaning of my H520 and I noticed a plug under the battery compartment not attached to anything. After some research I have figured out that it plugs into a Tri-Color LED. Does anyone know if this LED is standard or an add on (I know where to get it)?

Attachments

• 20181231_125739.jpg
    20181231_125739.jpg
    660.9 KB · Views: 42
That would be nice if it was for the tri color led .But I think it was for the ill fated intel rs module that failed to materialize. However if it for the tricolor led then I may have a power source for arc2 strobes.

Last edited:
okay h480 tri color led is hard wired to it board so that's no go. but still would be interesting if it is a live wire.

It was intended to be the status light just as it is on the H. The rear motor led's are being used instead.

I could be wrong here, has been known to happen (contrary to popular belief and wide spread urban legend), and I can't see the entire plug, but it sure looks just like the RealSense plug to me. I see you don't have the RS unit installed, so I'm guessing that's what we're seeing. They all come wired with the RS harness and that's where they park the plug when no RS is installed. You take the lamp shade off and store it away, then plug in the RS harness and mount the main part of the RS unit over the opening left by the Lamp Shade.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Hennessy
Well I don't have an H520, and I don't play one on TV, but if these photos are any indication, I would say yes!
Just ask "The FPV Guy!
ScreenHunter_6096 Jan. 01 15.29.jpg
ScreenHunter_6095 Jan. 01 15.28.jpg

Reactions: digital_steve
And while we are on the subject of the H520 LED Lampshade, let me point out something very important that is easily overlooked.
The H520 "Lampshade" is a misnomer for two reasons. First the H520 (& H Plus) do not use a multi-colored LED -rear motor LEDs perform this function now. So without a multi-colored LED Board it is not technically a "Lampshade", merely a cosmetic cover.

Second, the orange color was not intended to transmit the light from a multicolored LED. The light emitted after being filtered by the orange "Lampshade" will always be either orange, or varying shades of red. This is not helpful for enunciating flight modes and warnings, everything it tries to communicate will be a WARNING!

This is not theory, this is experience talking! I wanted to add some bling to my H480 so I put a H520 "Lampshade" on it. Oh yeah, that was huge disappointment!:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix