Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tried to fly Typhoon H for first time this morning! FAA flying regulations dont work!!

Reaction score
Went to local park this morning to try first flight of my H. I was out of zone of our local big airport. When I got to the park I verified my coordinates on b4ufly app. Three small hellipads came up. All private. I call the first to get permission, it came up "No longer in service". The second hellipad I called the number just kept ringing and ringing. Frustrated I called our local big airport and was transferred to the local FAA director. Just got an answering machine telling me to leave a message. Trying to be a good person called the tower! I explained to the radar room that I was trying to report drone usage but cant get a hold of anyone. They transferred me to the shift supervisor who just hung up the phone after two rings!! What the ****!!! This is nuts! What does one do in a situation lkke this????

Reactions: AJupstateNY
First if you are out of the ATC area they do not want you to call!
I use Skyward it gives me the latest on NOTAMS. I am certified 107. It is a good idea to know the 107 rules or your countries flight rules even if your a hobbyist drone pilot.

Right. Notifications to the tower are only needed if you are inside the 5 mile radius. If it's a major airport the motors won't start on your H.
You can delete the useless B4UFly crappy app. It lists every abandoned landing strip that ever existed. UAV forecast is a pretty decent app.
If you have any concerns whatsoever about possible low flying aircraft then stay low and keep visual contact with your H. If you hear any aircraft approaching then get down below tree top level.

First if you are out of the ATC area they do not want you to call!
I use Skyward it gives me the latest on NOTAMS. I am certified 107. It is a good idea to know the 107 rules or your countries flight rules even if your a hobbyist drone pilot.
I couldnt reach anyone. Just wanted to be safe and legal. Thanks for the reply!

Right. Notifications to the tower are only needed if you are inside the 5 mile radius. If it's a major airport the motors won't start on your H.
You can delete the useless B4UFly crappy app. It lists every abandoned landing strip that ever existed. UAV forecast is a pretty decent app.
If you have any concerns whatsoever about possible low flying aircraft then stay low and keep visual contact with your H. If you hear any aircraft approaching then get down below tree top level.
You are correct. Two of the heliports on the b4ufly said there phones where out of service. Thanks for the reply!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1