Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Troubles with quality of video

Reaction score
Dang,
White balance locked, manually set camera, (ISO 100, shutter 350) ND filter.
Original video looks horrible while moving, dang!

Simply not enough light getting to the sensor there. Shutter speed too fast; that should have been double frame rate for smoothest footage; having it right up on 1/350 kinda defeats the purpose of the filter, and suggests your ND was probably too weak for the light conditions. The whole shot is underexposed, but you seem to have set exposure for the sky, but the camera is angled such that you have mostly ground in it ! Always expose for what you're pointing at ! Alas the CGO3+ isn't very forgiving of this, and the punishment it gives us is horrible blurry noisy trees ! :eek::)

Reactions: AH-1G
That's it! I did the white balance towards the sky, dang!
No more filters.

Tested without filter, then saw this bird minding his own business at Lake Apopka.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Let us know when you're in town, our association has a private dock here.

Will do. We're moving back by the end of the year so I'll be out there more often. This is one of the storms I time-lapsed over looking Lake Apopka. This was part of a film I shot about weather in Florida. Love the storms that form off that Lake due to Lake Breezes.

Dang,
Indeed. Everything AeroJ said but all is not lost. Underexposed is better than overexposed. You should still be able to save the day by messing around in post and still make a half decent job of it.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Will do. We're moving back by the end of the year so I'll be out there more often. This is one of the storms I time-lapsed over looking Lake Apopka. This was part of a film I shot about weather in Florida. Love the storms that form off that Lake due to Lake Breezes.

Nice! Panning while shooting time lapse. Impressive.

Dang,
Aside from the exposure issue which you know how to fix, the panning was jerky throughout the video. That's not a shutter speed issue. Are you using a "fast" microSD card in the camera? Also, make sure you are producing the video from your editor at the same frame rate as it was shot. Sometimes, speeding up or slowing down at a uneven fraction (eg. 0.66x) or multiple (eg. 1.3x) of the original can cause that.

I just finished an event yesterday. (Sweet Corn Festival, Zellwood Florida). Video is beautiful, but as soon as I load it up to YTube, it sucks!
Pic has no post production, straight from raw video.

YUN00023.mp4_000008722.jpg

Yes, picture is beautiful. However, I've noticed that stills pulled from H+ video appear over-sharpened. Running as a video, it's not so noticeable. Has anyone figured out how to change the sharpness setting as we can do with the TH?
As far as YT video quality is concerned, make sure you are producing in one of the formats that YT likes, such as MP4. Also, it takes several hours for YT to get 4k resolution video on line at that resolution. Lower resolutions appear first.

Reactions: AH-1G
Aside from the exposure issue which you know how to fix, the panning was jerky throughout the video. That's not a shutter speed issue. Are you using a "fast" microSD card in the camera? Also, make sure you are producing the video from your editor at the same frame rate as it was shot. Sometimes, speeding up or slowing down at a uneven fraction (eg. 0.66x) or multiple (eg. 1.3x) of the original can cause that.

Jerky after post?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt