Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Trying to find a place to fly

Reaction score
As a licenced private pilot who owned a airplane i find this harder to fly a drone than a plane. Even after 911 and the restrictions for months it was much easier. I can not find a place to fly my new typhoons h. Not allowed to use county parks in my area. Frustrated.

I feel your pain my friend. Yes it is extremely frustrating trying to find anywhere decent to fly sometimes. It can feel very much like everywhere we would possibly want to fly from we are prevented from doing so. Rules for drones are more prevalent and unfair than for just about anything else a human could try and do ! I suspect it is because drones are still a relatively new and untrusted thing, their pilots tend to be demonised and execrated at every opportunity in the press, and so it is easier for lazy or cash-starved organisations to just instigate a global ban on us and make a few signs than it is to work out a useful or fair policy that would allow us to fly. Alas we don't have the numbers to stand a realistic chance of getting this changed any time soon.

But it is not all dismal news. You can find places to fly if you put some effort in on Google maps first - essentially you should be looking for quite remote wide open natural landscapes that aren't parkland. You can also reach out to the pilots in your area via forums like these (also join the DJI-based ones who have FAR more members than we do here) and get their advice on where to fly locally - they will have already found all the good places...

I wish you the very best of luck, and hope you find somewhere soon.

Reactions: YuKay
It’s unfortunate the distance one must travel to find great private safe spots to enjoy. I do a lot of straight up looks and pan around from my own backyard where no one can tell me otherwise. Other then that, I often drive an hour plus to get away from people and find nice isolated locations. It’s up early every morning, watch the weather on TV, go outside and look at the clouds, and if it’s setting up right, I’m out the door early and done flying before 8:00am.

The older you get, the more you tend to appreciate South Park's episode about the old farts and Country Buffet... :p

Reactions: Docdor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430