Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TSA BG vetting.

Reaction score
If this needs to be moved I understand:
OK, fellow Part 107 H pilots, How long did you have to wait for the TSA to do your background check? Took my test on the 31st, and passed with a 88%.. Now I wait.

I am also a member of the Pilot Institute 107 Exam study group on Facebook and I think most are vetted and getting their certification # (temporary) in 1 to 2 weeks and their card in about 6 weeks.

I hope to be joining you soon. Still have to schedule my test.

I am also a member of the Pilot Institute 107 Exam study group on Facebook and I think most are vetted and getting their certification # (temporary) in 1 to 2 weeks and their card in about 6 weeks.

I hope to be joining you soon. Still have to schedule my test.
DM,
I did all my studying on my own. YouTube was a great help. Tony Northrup, Altitude University,
Pilot Institute and Katia's Buzz TV was all I watched for about 2 weeks before, Then the night before the test I took every practice test I could find online. 3DR had the most comprehensive tests.
My experience with the test was a ton of Sectional Charts and Weather, I'd say almost 50% (may vary on which test you get). 75% of the answers are in the Test Supplement book I was given.

I signed up for the PI class for two reasons. The first is they had a really good sale going on and the second is they are an Approved Vendor on our MavicPilots and PhantomPilots forums of which I am a moderator also.

I completed the course back in January, but I’m waiting to test until I get to Michigan so I can test at my local airport. I have been quite active on the FB study group with those that are having trouble grasping the material.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I signed up for the PI class for two reasons. The first is they had a really good sale going on and the second is they are an Approved Vendor on our MavicPilots and PhantomPilots forums of which I am a moderator also.

I completed the course back in January, but I’m waiting to test until I get to Michigan so I can test at my local airport. I have been quite active on the FB study group with those that are having trouble grasping the material.
Sounds good. I love my Yuneec Drones but I'm afraid once Remote ID becomes mandatory, they will just be expensive paper weights.

There will be add on modules to keep us airborne. The thing is that we already transmit that data from the aircraft to the ST16 on both the 2.4GHz Zigbee protocol and also via the 5.8GHz WiFi link during the control redundancy packets.

Reactions: Steve Carr
There will be add on modules to keep us airborne. The thing is that we already transmit that data from the aircraft to the ST16 on both the 2.4GHz Zigbee protocol and also via the 5.8GHz WiFi link during the control redundancy packets.
If that is the case, we H pilots will not have to do anything if the LEO and FAA are monitoring Zigbee Freq/protocol. Or am I missing something here? I can/have the CGO App on my phone and can see the live feed when in flight now..

What I’m trying to say is that it might be possible for Yuneec to actually make the Typhoon H, H Plus, and H520 RID compliant with a small firmware change once we know what frequency band and packet format will be since all three have WiFi control redundancy.

The primary idea of the remote ID is to information is available to everyone in the vicinity of the copter flight. Still is not standardized on what to send and how to send but, for sure, all devices should send the same information on the same frequency and in the same format. So, there should be multiple access to the RF band and so on. Simple firmware addition will not cover any of these needs. More than that, who will do these improvements on the firmware level for retired obsolete devices?

A good idea will be to open a topic with already known requirements that will be added with newer ones.

The primary idea of the remote ID is to information is available to everyone in the vicinity of the copter flight. Still is not standardized on what to send and how to send but, for sure, all devices should send the same information on the same frequency and in the same format. So, there should be multiple access to the RF band and so on. Simple firmware addition will not cover any of these needs. More than that, who will do these improvements on the firmware level for retired obsolete devices?

A good idea will be to open a topic with already known requirements that will be added with newer ones.
The information required has been established, but the method and frequency band has not.

Well It took the TSA 11 days, but I got my Temp. Cert. this morning in an email.

Well It took the TSA 11 days, but I got my Temp. Cert. this morning in an email.
We’re you also checking the IACRA site?

We’re you also checking the IACRA site?
Doom,
That's where the email sends you. You just DL the .pdf file and print it. I'm assuming (yes, I know what "ASSUME" means, lol) that my hard copy will be in the mail in 3-6 weeks,

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis