Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Turns out you “can” use camera filters on the C23 camera.

Reaction score
I bought a Gobe ND8 39mm filter but the threads are designed to work in the inside of the ring whereas the C23 has threads for the outside of the ring. I'll have to return this unless a male to female adapter exists.

I bought a Gobe ND8 39mm filter but the threads are designed to work in the inside of the ring whereas the C23 has threads for the outside of the ring. I'll have to return this unless a male to female adapter exists.

You should have gotten an adapter ring with yours that lets you use 40.5 mm filters.

No they do not, but in that thread, there are links to other manufacturer filters from B&H Photo, a reputable photographic sales company. As was specified in that thread, if you are looking for a continuous range of ND filter strength, over a 4 to 5 f-stop range, your only choice will be the Formatt Hitech brand.

If you have found any other brands that have a range of ND filters, I'm sure pilots here would love to hear about it!

B&W makes nice filters that fit the included 40.5 adapter ring. I currently have the 8 stop. They cost more. However they are good quality with no color cast that I notice .

B&W makes nice filters that fit the included 40.5 adapter ring. I currently have the 8 stop. They cost more. However they are good quality with no color cast that I notice .
What did you pay and how heavy is it? I bought a Gobe ND8 filter from Amazon. It's a nice quality lens, but it weighs 5.7 grams versus 3.1 grams of the UV filter from Yuneec.

I paid $34 USD For the B&W Filter on B&H Photo. It weighs13.2 grams alone and with the Yuneec adapter ring total is 15.1 grams. Amazon says that Gobe ND8 weighs .64 ounces. Thats 18.14 grams. I was think 5.7 grams for a filter? That's way light !

Last edited:
I paid $34 USD For the B&W Filter on B&H Photo. It weighs13.2 grams alone and with the Yuneec adapter ring total is 15.1 grams. Amazon says that Gobe ND8 weighs .64 ounces. Thats 18.14 grams. I was think 5.7 grams for a filter? That's way light !
i checked it on a different scale and it read 6 grams. Even though it is lightweight it does tip the camera foward when the drone is shut off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval