Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TY -H GPS Tower

Reaction score
I bought the GPS
tower off eBay.
The claim is
no compass error
messages, quicker satellite connections.

my experience is .
IT DOES NOT Work.

Maybe it will work for you.
My hopes were high
until I saw the message.
COMPASS. ERROR

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G
I bought the GPS
tower off eBay.
The claim is
no compass error
messages, quicker satellite connections.

my experience is .
IT DOES NOT Work.

Maybe it will work for you.
My hopes were high
until I saw the message.
COMPASS. ERROR
What model is it? Did you install it correctly? Where you having GPS problems to warrant the modification?

What model is it? Did you install it correctly? Where you having GPS problems to warrant the modification?

Trust me it installed correctly. It was not launched from an area high in Electrical Area.
Mine is the TY - H

Trust me it installed correctly. It was not launched from an area high in Electrical Area.
Mine is the TY - H
I meant what GPS tower did you get? If you aren't having problems with GPS, it may not be worth the upgrade, it may be difficult to see an improvement, against something which is working correctly, obviously if there issues then that's different.

Reactions: AH-1G
Two questions.
1: Did you use the brass screws?
2: Did you do a compass calibration after the install?

I meant what GPS tower did you get? If you aren't having problems with GPS, it may not be worth the upgrade, it may be difficult to see an improvement, against something which is working correctly, obviously if there issues then that's different.

I don't know the name of
the tower.Ebay $6.00
Check it out. Seems to take forever to
aquire satts. I did get
compass error messages

Just a comment, a riser or tower by itself won’t have a negative impact on the GPS. You could leave the GPS unit exposed and loose on top of the body and it generally would not do much worse that where it had been mounted previously.

What will have a negative impact is the installation of wires, connectors, new copper shielding, and things of that sort. The mini JST connecters used in the H are very fragile. If you crack or break a housing it’s very easy to end up with loose pin connections, with associated issues. Trying to install a connector upside down in a housing will be a problem.

Look again at the installation to be certain all is as it should be.

Reactions: Grumpy
Just a comment, a riser or tower by itself won’t have a negative impact on the GPS. You could leave the GPS unit exposed and loose on top of the body and it generally would not do much worse that where it had been mounted previously.

What will have a negative impact is the installation of wires, connectors, new copper shielding, and things of that sort. The mini JST connecters used in the H are very fragile. If you crack or break a housing it’s very easy to end up with loose pin connections, with associated issues. Trying to install a connector upside down in a housing will be a problem.

Look again at the installation to be certain all is as it should be.

I flew it today, used up 2 Batteries.No problems.
When I put it all back together I made sure all wires were twisted as new. I had to use a dab
of crazy glue on the tower
Cap.
Eventually it would of
popped off. I could tell, not a good fit. Tower was 3D printed.

I don't know the name of
the tower.Ebay $6.00
Check it out. Seems to take forever to
aquire satts. I did get
compass error messages
HI Keith,
I would call the $7 eBay gps relocator a pancake, as has been discussed in numerous earlier threads.
The maker of the pancake used the word TOWER to gain sales on the back of my TOWER as it is cheaper and as others have said after they purchased it , poorly manufactured, does not provide ventilation and as one who tried it out said that 'if you pay s--t you get s--t ' end of quote. Keith unless you are haveing gps or compass warnings there is no need for either mod. Mine was invented to serve a purpose for my roof and building inspection business and it has achieved that and more.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

HI Keith,
I would call the $7 eBay gps relocator a pancake, as has been discussed in numerous earlier threads.
The maker of the pancake used the word TOWER to gain sales on the back of my TOWER as it is cheaper and as others have said after they purchased it , poorly manufactured, does not provide ventilation and as one who tried it out said that 'if you pay s--t you get s--t ' end of quote. Keith unless you are haveing gps or compass warnings there is no need for either mod. Mine was invented to serve a purpose for my roof and building inspection business and it has achieved that and more.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Thanks for the info.
Will you provide me with the info of the one you have ? Just curious.
Thanks Keith

Thanks for the info.
Will you provide me with the info of the one you have ? Just curious.
Thanks Keith
HI KEITH,
I REMEMBERED THAT YOU HAVE A VISION PROBLEM SO THE BIG TYPE IF NOT YELLING AT YOU.
YOU CAN GO TO MY SITE uneekideaz.com and there at the top you can read about the reason for the TOWER and then in the video section you will see some temperature tests with std top shell and the pancake type and then my TOWER . There is an instalation video with a new one coming nsoon with all fittingsorts for the 480 the H+ and the 520. If you have trouble there are threads here called
Relocation of the GPS and compass module, keeping the H cool and most of them are several pages.
Regards Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
AFTER ALL THAT KEITH, I STILL WENT BACK TO SMALL TYPE. I AM SORRY FOR THAT AND HOPE THAT YOU CAN READ IT. Johnno Hennessy.

HI KEITH,
I REMEMBERED THAT YOU HAVE A VISION PROBLEM SO THE BIG TYPE IF NOT YELLING AT YOU.
YOU CAN GO TO MY SITE uneekideaz.com and there at the top you can read about the reason for the TOWER and then in the video section you will see some temperature tests with std top shell and the pancake type and then my TOWER . There is an instalation video with a new one coming nsoon with all fittingsorts for the 480 the H+ and the 520. If you have trouble there are threads here called
Relocation of the GPS and compass module, keeping the H cool and most of them are several pages.
Regards Johnno Hennessy.

Thank you
I will to your web site.
Yes this macular generation is not fun.
Keith Kuhn

HI KEITH,
Regards Johnno Hennessy.

I tried to go to
uneekidiaz.com
It said the site was not
Available.

Let's try it this way:
"www.uneekideaz.com/"

Perhaps an interesting note, but the temperature values for the black tower at 10 and 20 minutes are well above allowable temperatures for common electrical components, and exceed the maximum temperature range published by Yuneec for their aircraft. If the black tower in and of itself is achieving 60C in 20 minutes imagine how much hotter the inside of an H is when all the systems are powered up and generating their own heat in addition to the absorbed thermal energy from the sun.

In fact, all colors exceed the 40C limit but of them, all white and silver are the best performers in thermal mitigation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval