Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tyhoon H , In Cornwall , the UK

Reaction score
New to the forum , and looking forward to helpful info , places to fly , where not to fly in the world !

Not sure if this is the correct place to post , but no doubt someone will tell me if its not :(

New to the forum , and looking forward to helpful info , places to fly , where not to fly in the world !
Not sure if this is the correct place to post , but no doubt someone will tell me if its not :(
Welcome to the Forum. There is a search feature if you are looking for a certain topic. It's at the upper right on the page. Looks like a magnifying glass. To see a list of all the areas click the YuneecPilots emblem at the upper left.

Hi Steve , thanks for heads up :)

You may be able to help me on my first question?

I am possibly heading over to Florida in the next month , I have had a quick peruse of the FAA , and numerous other sites about flying / bringing my Typhoon H over to the USA.

But as with most things its hard to find a definitive answer.

Could you or any of the members point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance to any advice , Rob

I won't be much help with that one. I quit flying in 1970 after an incident with an ejection seat.
Post your question on this page Typhoon H Discussion. Use the red box at the upper right "Post New Thread". Be specific about the information you are looking for.

Hi Steve , thanks for heads up :)

You may be able to help me on my first question?

I am possibly heading over to Florida in the next month , I have had a quick peruse of the FAA , and numerous other sites about flying / bringing my Typhoon H over to the USA.

But as with most things its hard to find a definitive answer.

Could you or any of the members point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance to any advice , Rob
Where in Florida are you going?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Im looking at Naples and kissimmee, only as i have friends their , but looking to hopefully see a lot more , but I see national parks etc , are out of the question.
I'm in the Ocoee area just NE of Kissimmee. Some local County Parks are off limits also. Lots of Red Zones in Florida, make sure you are acquainted where they are.

Thanks for the heads up on the county parks , looks like I have a lot of research to do.

I see there are quite a few apps out now with areas to keep out of and areas that are safe , have you tried any , or could you recommend any ?

I have been to the west coast and east coast here in central Florida. When I come across something I like I stop and fly, though making sure I'm legal.
Florida is very flat and boring, at least for me. I've been here 22 years.

Very beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Lots of lakes you can fly around and maybe capture a gator or two. Some Fish Hawks will attack your drone, they are territorial when its time for dinner.

FYI If you plan to go to Orlando I-4 just north of the 528 is under construction until 2021, 2 billion dollar expansion, what a congested rat race it has been.:mad: Construction goes on for 23 miles.
It's a Road Ragers dream if your into that?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info , when you say making sure its legal , is that just referring to what the FAA say ? Or do you mean other stuff that I should be aware of that is not on the FAA site?

I see lots of videos on youtube about Florida ,flying over populated beaches , over houses , boat yards etc, if you did the same in the U.K you would be hung drawn and quartered :), although again plenty of it on YouTube from all over the U.K ,

As per usual , probably the same over there , the press / Television make quads / hex's etc (I hate the word Drone so try my hardest not to use it) to be the work of the Devil , of course they never show the amazing footage that some people get !

Sunrises, sunsets , gators, never seen one ,(well not in there natural habitat) all sounds good to me! I also love boats , big surf , anything with a bit of history, which I get to see here in Cornwall most of the time.

No Road rage for me , just want to chill out , explore as much as I can , and for as little money as possible, and top of the list not P*** anyone off ;)

Would also love to see a space launch , I see there may be a couple in December?

Thanks for the info , when you say making sure its legal , is that just referring to what the FAA say ? Or do you mean other stuff that I should be aware of that is not on the FAA site?

I see lots of videos on youtube about Florida ,flying over populated beaches , over houses , boat yards etc, if you did the same in the U.K you would be hung drawn and quartered :), although again plenty of it on YouTube from all over the U.K ,

As per usual , probably the same over there , the press / Television make quads / hex's etc (I hate the word Drone so try my hardest not to use it) to be the work of the Devil , of course they never show the amazing footage that some people get !

Sunrises, sunsets , gators, never seen one ,(well not in there natural habitat) all sounds good to me! I also love boats , big surf , anything with a bit of history, which I get to see here in Cornwall most of the time.

No Road rage for me , just want to chill out , explore as much as I can , and for as little money as possible, and top of the list not P*** anyone off ;)

Would also love to see a space launch , I see there may be a couple in December?

Space launch, have to check schedule. I don't keep with those anymore now the Shuttle is retired.
FAA stuff. Also some counties will not let you fly in their parks. Ask first if you plan to go to them.
But if you fly from public property next to a park and fly over the park there is nothing they can do about it. Go figure, bureaucracy!

Ok , thanks for that , I will take another look , sadly I only ever got to see the shuttle on Television .

Maybe when I get there , I will take a more in depth look, re places you can and places you cannot fly, it may be easier than trying to do it from my side of the Atlantic.

Doesn't seem to matter which side of the pond you are on , nothing is ever simple !

But once again thanks for the info , all greatly received.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda