Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

[TYHP]Why does the AUX button exist?

Had the same question. I searched the manuals (official and enhanced) to no avail. It's like that weird piece of art on the table. No function but to start a conversation. I assume that it is for "future" functions.

The purpose is to keep us hanging on to the false hope it will someday do something when Yuneec finally writes a function into the firmware -as promised in one of their CES appearances some years back. Don't hold your breath, especially if you have an H480, no more new FW for those on the horizon.

When the H was released the trim pads and the aux button had no function. Latter Yuneec added the cruise control to the right pad and the camera functions to the left pad. I am confident there was consideration for utilizing these switches at some point. It just never came to life. I am glad they found a clever use for the trim pads. I don't know of any other consumer copter that has anything similar.

I had seen a YouTube video on the H Plus and the assumption was just as mentioned that it was for some future use. It’s prudent not to mention a benefit to all that when (if ever) it does have a function then all existing controllers would be ready.

Reactions: Steve Carr
There are consideration using this in the future. It wasn't a waist to have this designed / manufactured. In fact, it was smart to implement this.

It’s a perfect candidate for a user assignable function. Have a list of functions pop up and allow the user to select which one they want. Easily add/remove choices as time and use dictates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss