Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tyhpoom H Plus quieter

Stuff I've seen says it is quieter. Is it because of a new prop design, and if so is it backward compatible?
It has larger props which tend to be quieter with lower motor speeds. Of course design is also a factor. A larger prop will not work on the H.

It has larger props which tend to be quieter with lower motor speeds. Of course design is also a factor. A larger prop will not work on the H.

Steve, since the H Plus is a H520 in size, will the new props benefit the H520?
Does the H-Plus have different motors than the 520 in RPM & power, that too would determine prop design change.

well unless some ting else is done differently the picture really seem identical for motors which means I am expecting same props as well. Now I am really holding out for the h plus got a dead h520 board that I screwed up repairs on I hoping they use the same size flight controller socket and same size plug. the flight controller should still be good. this way i get a h520 back edition. due to a nasty h520 surprise I am not able to swap out mainboard only. need 2 arms plus motherboard, bottom cover shell and battery mount frame.

In one of the interview the guy from yuneec is talking about the ESC isusing FOC(Field oriented control) instead of a more simple control algorithm. This reduce the noise coming from the motor as FOC can provide really high efficiency.

I did not notice a discernable difference in noise between H and Plus. I they would have listed it as a feature if there was.

If I’m reading this correctly, it sounds as though the H+ is quieter than the H520 due to a new speed controller. I also read into this that the new H+ is quieter than the previous gen H model. Is this due to a newer design or is a hexa/octo copter quieter in general (more lift, less rotational speed needed for flight).

It’s interesting In that most videos I’ve watched of quads, they all have a louder pitch sound when compared to the hexacopter. I can say without hesitation that the H+ is definitely quieter the P4P, as I own both. I find I prefer the H+ for its stability in any kind of breeze compared to the P4P, and it’s quieter when in flight.

If I’m reading this correctly, it sounds as though the H+ is quieter than the H520 due to a new speed controller. I also read into this that the new H+ is quieter than the previous gen H model. Is this due to a newer design or is a hexa/octo copter quieter in general (more lift, less rotational speed needed for flight).

It’s interesting In that most videos I’ve watched of quads, they all have a louder pitch sound when compared to the hexacopter. I can say without hesitation that the H+ is definitely quieter the P4P, as I own both. I find I prefer the H+ for its stability in any kind of breeze compared to the P4P, and it’s quieter when in flight.

As a side discussion; a Hex would normally be quieter than a similar sized quad: H Plus & P4P. Total weight (AC, gear, payload), prop size & lift (rake & cord), prop RPM, and to a minimal degree in electric motor, the motor’s audio noise. If AC total weight were equal, the prop generated lift divided by 4 vs 6 would suggest a quieter platform with the Hex; Within this discussion and AC models, that’s easily true. But that isn’t fully accurate just based on 4 vs 6 props in total design.

We tend to establish louder & quieter based more on tone frequency or octave than actual audible Db. As example, a violin vs a chelo, played at the same Db the violin sounds much louder to most listener’s ears due to it’s tonal frequency. This is roughly comparable to large vs small props, although more accurate to surface lift & RPM.

Several factors in design could alter the outcome: a Hex vs Quad. Example, make the quad’s arms longer and fitted with longer props & lower RPM, the quad can obtain equal tonal frequencies and preceived noise. Example2, Shorten the Hex arms, shorter props & higher RPM the Hex could be much louder in tonal pitch than the Quad.

Another variable in the design element of a model’s prop size and physical size that contributes to the AC audio noise is motor performance, electrical efficiency, the drag of prop, the energy, inertia and motor performance. The energy requirements of 4 props, 4 drag coefficients & 4 motors is normally much lower than the factor of 6. For similar size AC, a Twin is more efficient than Quad, a Quad is generally considered more efficient than a Hex on energy consumption.

Medical design drones are trending as Tri based, DOD is focused on twin or quad drone research, but heavy payload platforms are Hex or Oct. The new small ultra quite (whisper drones) for DOD ops forward observation units are foldable quads or foldable Oct with 4 x 2 stack Quads... that actually become quieter by the two opposing props on quads or the 2 props in stack having wildly different tonal frequencies that essentially cancel the opposing arm or stack out... the agrigate of all props is quieter than 1 prop in tonal frequency and metered Db.

Thus, number of props doesn’t directly equate to audio noise for drone development. In contrast, the more props in full scale AC generally equated to more audio Db. Goes both ways with Drones.

Reactions: Wingnutz and Barton

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech