Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon G discontinued what now? and battery question

Reaction score
So I bought my Typhoon G a few years back. I Flew it a bunch and then got busy with a new job. Then the new Transport Canada rules came into effect and I did not have time to jump through the hoops. Well now that I have done the hoops I discovered that it is very difficult to find parts in Canada for my Typhoon G. Looking for propellers and batteries mostly.

The batteries I do have I would consider to be a slight bit soft (but not puffy) The voltage seems fine. (I knew nothing about battery maintenance until now) Is it ok to use these batteries? Also are there any reliable places to buy batteries? i am hesitant to buy off websites now that I know a little bit about LIPO batteries. I want to see them before I buy. Also a local store is willing to sell me 2 batteries at half price. They no longer carry Yuneec as the main distributor in Canada is not carrying them an longer. These batteries are like mine. A little soft but not puffy. Wondering if I should buy them. It seems noone in Canada has any leftover Typhoon 500 stuff.
Any advice or leads is welcome!
Best.
NC

Also a local store is willing to sell me 2 batteries at half price.
Check the voltage of the batteries to see if they are at the proper storage charge. If they are .4 volts higher or lower than that I would be hesitant. Also, check the cell voltages for variation.

Otherwise, it might be a good purchase. Most of my older batteries that have been stored properly are still serviceable.

can Canada consumers buy from ebay or amazon? still most everything still available for the Q500. I also have mostly 3 year old batteries,that have been stored properly and used when needed. A good lipo battery charg discharge storage etc.is a must with these big lipo's Do google searches and you tube videos. Watch as many as u can. Good luck. Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech