Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H arm broke off

Vic

Reaction score
I crashed my Typhoon H & one arm broke off of its pivot pin. Can I disconnect the wire bundle by removing the top? If so, how do I get a new arm onto the pin, which looks like it's fixed in place.

Vic

There are many other repair videos on Steve’s channel.

That's a neat video but my drone doesn't have a screw for a pivot. It's a pin, apparently installed when the housing was molded. How long does a screw last when being pulled out by side cutters---just wondering.

I haven’t seen this, but suspect it is a knurled dowel pin that looks like this.
7C47C593-9E0C-4810-A103-EA5F092A7401.jpeg
You will likely need a punch and hammer to remove the pin. Support the exit side with something like a socket that will allow the knurled side to enter the socket. Once the knurled end is exposed you can remove the dowel with pliers or vise grips. If you are careful you should be able to reuse the pin.

Here are pictures showing that there is no way to get the pin out without dismantling the unit. The head of the pin can be seen in one of the photos.

Vic80.JPG79.JPG

The top and bottom covers have to be removed to access the mounting/pivot pin.

Reactions: Nesher
So do you have a knurled dowel pin or a shoulder screw?

If you blow up the second picture I sent, it shows the head of a pin, in my estimation. I haven't got it apart yet.

Vic

You have to take the bottom and top shells apart to fix this - there is no other way. But it's really not very hard, IMHO.
Once you do so, it will be obvious how to remove the pin; in my experience, you can just push it out with the end of a small hex driver, and push it into the new arm with your finger at first. You may need to bend the surrounding plastic a little to do so.
You may need a pair of needle-nose pliers to GENTLY twist and work the black/blue/red wire connectors apart.
One last tip - don't forget to put the power button back in before re-attaching the top and bottom shells!

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks! I'm taking this all in (future reference) but by the looks of how the arm pulled out away from the pin I'm going to build up the plastic with glue (plastic friendly) and run a rod through the arm to test its strength before reassembling it.

Vic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval