Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H arm clips

Reaction score
Hello working on a typhoon H and can't seem to find any arm clips at a reasonable price. Guy on ebay wants $15.99 each.. another on amazon wants $45. I started on a 3d printed version but it's not there yet. I need at least 3.

Thanks

Hello working on a typhoon H and can't seem to find any arm clips at a reasonable price. Guy on ebay wants $15.99 each.. another on amazon wants $45. I started on a 3d printed version but it's not there yet. I need at least 3.

Thanks
How are you going to 3D print a piece of spring steel?

Reactions: WTFDproject
Some of my test. Still need work. I would be messing with it more but my printer is making Covid mask for the local doctors, dentist and nurses. I can print 4-5 a day.

Attachments

• 15852526125033427374525129837050.jpg
    15852526125033427374525129837050.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: Mechanic
Some of my test. Still need work. I would be messing with it more but my printer is making Covid mask for the local doctors, dentist and nurses. I can print 4-5 a day.

I like where your head is at Manny... Check out a site called Thingverse for some good stl files for yuneec. looks like you need to adjust the overlap of your line segments, or your temp is not hot enough. not picking at you, just seen some gap in between your print segments. Not sure of your exp- with 3D printing, I been doing it for about 4yrs now, and I had some similar ideas of making some printed changes to my bird.. I also believe your on the right track with these "breakable" or tear away parts for the most common ones known to be damaged in a accident. would love to hear more of your thoughts on that..

There are some special materials for 3D printing that are as strong as metals, but they require precisely controlled heat and cool down that are similar to annealing and hardening processes for metals. The machines that can handle these are not your typical home brew printers.

Last edited:
Yeah I had to tear the printer apart last night to fix an issue.i don't have everything set back up. I also just changed my nozel and haven't set my slicing program to match but I'm always looking for ways to improve my prints. I have had my printer for about a year so I'm no expert. For anyone looking at getting into 3d printing I have found you will spend a tone of time setting up your machine for printing THAT one material! You move to another material (change color/brand anything) and you are back to square one!! My printer prints the black pla from hatchbox awesome. All I did was change colors.. and it does that..

My thoughts going forward on 3d printing one
- I want it to fill the area/maximize size
- Strong enough to hold the arm but crush or bend if there's anything excessive applied.
- Once the part is close I'll post it on thingiverse. I'm not here to make $$ I feel it can benefit everyone that has a one.

I feel the same way... Free for them all. I would be interested in sharing the burden of printing out the test samples and test fitting, if you feel like sharing the stl? if not its ok.
By chance what slicer program and machine you use?

I use 3 ender 5's and one newer ender 5 pro. I have used 4 different slicing software, and find as usual with anything electronic and software related that quality is the largest difference between ok, and nailed it!
the software I use is called Simplify3D... It's considered in the (3D Print World) to be the best available. its a little pricey, but when your spending the time and money we are on supplies and labor time. its well worth it. especially when that first almost perfect print finishes on the print bed. you using PLA or ABS? If so I also recomend for any 3D printer the glass print bed... it makes all the difference in the world when it comes to part removal. the glass, as it cools releases it and when you hear a creeking/crackle sound its ready to lift off with a glass smooth and shiny bottom. you can email it to me if its easier... [email protected]

I can run a couple prints and give you feedback, not to mention possibly learn a little and save some money as well. I get some time this weekend, I will draw one up... let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
I wonder how long it will last being folded up and down against metal? I suppose the other component could be swapped for plastic.

I think it will be alright. It probably won't last as long as a steel clip (I get that) but not having to pay $42.99 or $15.99 for a part that was less than $5 a few months back. If I have to hit go on the printer every couple months to print some more I'm ok with that.

Reactions: Mechanic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop