Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H batteries

Reaction score
So I have not used my Typhoon h in a while and found all 4 of my battery packs swollen, that sucks over $500 worth of batteries down the drain. Who here in the US has batteries in stock

So I have not used my Typhoon h in a while and found all 4 of my battery packs swollen, that sucks over $500 worth of batteries down the drain. Who here in the US has batteries in stock

eBay bro...they’re all over eBay. If you pay anything over $115 or so then you’ve paid too much. Right now the market (eBay) is flooded with typhoon h and h plus parts and accessories so it’s a buyers market.

Good luck.

eBay bro...they’re all over eBay. If you pay anything over $115 or so then you’ve paid too much. Right now the market (eBay) is flooded with typhoon h and h plus parts and accessories so it’s a buyers market.

Good luck.
I saw that, just need to look and see who has the quickest shipping, from what I see most of the listings are coming out of China with a delivery date after October

On Ebay
Check out GiFi 8050
$85.00 to $95.00

Looks to be a simple & cost effective mod just to buy a 10K + Turnigy pack that will fit the battery bay & wire appropriately, opposed to being stuck buying expensive power limited proprietary packs.

Reactions: Kinstray01
Dacuda...you wrote.. " all 4 of my battery packs swollen". How do you store them and @ what voltage??

Hi dacuda

I came on here because I share your pain, although I only bought 2x batteries and they are both feeling a bit tight going into the slot bacause they are starting to puff. I get around 5 mins or so flight time per battery if I fly the drone hard in the 10°C heat I flew in the other day. I'm starting to get a bit disillusioned by Yuneec.

I've got the problem with the controller discharging it's Li-Ion battery too, when it's powered off. Overnight is enough to kill it low enough that you can't charge it in the controller. So ended up forking our £40 for a third party (balance) charger and cables to charge it external and I've got that going again.

I'm in the UK and finding it extremely hard to get parts / support from Yuneec on the issues. Sent them a message a week ago and haven't had a response. No one seems to be stocking batteries for drone or controller here in the UK either, they are secretly coming from China too when you dig a bit deeper on the ebay listings.

While I'm not totally grounded I think my time with Yuneec is limited and I'm contemplating selling up and going back to DJI or maybe having a go at FPV. I've seen some fantastic footage from those small little drones.

I like the idea that I could maybe convert and use 'standard' batteries in the drone, might have to explore that option, but as yet I don't have a real fix for the ST16 issue, unless I buy a used one or something.

The joys... Loved my DJI Flame wheel F550 and its ability to upgrade and repair cheaply. Kinda knew this day would come eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyDrone
Looks to be a simple & cost effective mod just to buy a 10K + Turnigy pack that will fit the battery bay & wire appropriately, opposed to being stuck buying expensive power limited proprietary packs.
Got any links to more info on this conversion? Think this might be my answer!

as for flight battery for the h480 currently. you can use ones from h plus or h520. I do have to say battery offerings have dropped in recent years. especially on ebay for yuneec hex units. It is hard to find the dy3 and even harder to find dy5 chargers. It going to get even hard now that yuneec has changed the plug connector for the h3 and h520e units. However there my be a silver lining in that. It's going to pend on getting the h3 and h520e main board battery power plug retro fitted on to the h480 mainboard. That's a dyi job that may be doable. after that it's down to getting replacement payloads, props, arms, and motors. When those are exhausted from dealers who sell yuneec parts that's it game over for h480. now as for the st16 battery for h480 there as one of two ways both are customised to some degree. first get a battery holder that holds four lithium cells in parallel and connect correct plug type to it heck it may even work with non lithium batteries but you go though more of them quickly. Another method maybe worth exploring is standard 1 cell lipo with the highest mha rating you can get and place correct plug to work with the h480 st16

Last edited:
I have this adapter and its great. I’ve had very good results with 6000-8000 batteries in 14.8 and 15.2V. You also need some plug connector adapters and a charger to handle an assortment of batteries.

Have you looked into the DUO Charger ?
It is a touch screen.
DUO T240

I have two Gifi 8050 batteries and both give me good flight time. At a density altitude of 10125, the gifi batteries gave me over 13 minutes of flight on each battery. They seem to be quality batteries

Nice
I bought 2 , I only have Flights on each one.
Keith

Hi dacuda

I came on here because I share your pain, although I only bought 2x batteries and they are both feeling a bit tight going into the slot bacause they are starting to puff. I get around 5 mins or so flight time per battery if I fly the drone hard in the 10°C heat I flew in the other day. I'm starting to get a bit disillusioned by Yuneec.

I've got the problem with the controller discharging it's Li-Ion battery too, when it's powered off. Overnight is enough to kill it low enough that you can't charge it in the controller. So ended up forking our £40 for a third party (balance) charger and cables to charge it external and I've got that going again.

I'm in the UK and finding it extremely hard to get parts / support from Yuneec on the issues. Sent them a message a week ago and haven't had a response. No one seems to be stocking batteries for drone or controller here in the UK either, they are secretly coming from China too when you dig a bit deeper on the ebay listings.

While I'm not totally grounded I think my time with Yuneec is limited and I'm contemplating selling up and going back to DJI or maybe having a go at FPV. I've seen some fantastic footage from those small little drones.

I like the idea that I could maybe convert and use 'standard' batteries in the drone, might have to explore that option, but as yet I don't have a real fix for the ST16 issue, unless I buy a used one or something.

The joys... Loved my DJI Flame wheel F550 and its ability to upgrade and repair cheaply. Kinda knew this day would come eventually.
I'm having the same problem w my tornado h920 remote controllers battery... I literally have to charge it after 7/ 9 hours then take the battery out and it shall maintain its charge my friend
Just insert back later on or tomorrow etc and test to see if still has power... mine does ! I'm awaiting another battery that I ordered... they sent me the wrong one it was for another RC controller that's the same ( hplus) 2 different connectors in R/Cs
Give it a try my friend

another option is change the plug in the h480 to the new plug style on the typhoon h3 and h520e. require soldering new power leads.

These work great. Just contact the seller store you place the order to tell him the connector type you want

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie