Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H battery problem? Solved!

Reaction score
I just recieved my 7000mah typhoon battery i ordered last week when they came in stock and first tried to charge it on the oem charger and it gave an error light. I then moved it over to my sky charger to charge it with the yuneec custom battery harness for this battery and the charger says balance issue can not charge. Is anyone else having issue with this new batteries or is there something im missing ?

I use this connector from yuneec to charge 4 other batteries just fine. They will charge but are just old and puffy and dont hold a charge like they used to thus the reason for buying a new battery.
IMG_4564.jpgIMG_4565.jpg

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Yuneec Skins
What are your individual cell voltages? Your Sky Charger should be able to give you that I believe.

Problem solved, IM AN IDIOT.... i'll just chock that up to being old.... I had the balance plug in the charger but didnt notice it wasnt the one from the battery harness, it was a seperate cable for another battery....

I just recieved my 7000mah typhoon battery i ordered last week when they came in stock and first tried to charge it on the oem charger and it gave an error light. I then moved it over to my sky charger to charge it with the yuneec custom battery harness for this battery and the charger says balance issue can not charge. Is anyone else having issue with this new batteries or is there something im missing ?

I use this connector from yuneec to charge 4 other batteries just fine. They will charge but are just old and puffy and dont hold a charge like they used to thus the reason for buying a new battery.
View attachment 27918View attachment 27919

View attachment 27918View attachment 27919
1st off...
I don't understand your reasoning for creating a New Thread about an issue with a Product you purchased from Yuneec Skins without contacting me first, and giving me the opportunity to resolve this in a more private setting, where we can determine if in fact it's your new Battery at fault.
2nd
Are you 100% certain that your OEM Charging Module is not Defective? which is fairly common, (I have sold 100's of OEM Charging Modules to my Customers to replace their Defective OEM Module).
3rd
Are you 100% certain the Cheap Chinese Charger your using as an alternative to the OEM Charger works?
(After looking at the manufacturers spec's, it's not a Charger I would choose for charging Typhoon H Batteries.
4th
Have you done a Continuity Test on the Balance Lead of the Battery Charging Cable Adaptor that your using?
5th
Have you Tested the Individual Cell Voltages on the New Battery?
6th
If I hadn't been for notification from this fine Forum about this nifty thread, I may have never had the pleasure of seeing it... I haven't received any complaints regarding this New Batch of Batteries.
7th
I have no Clue who you are, or if you purchased the Battery in Question from Yuneec Skins, or if your a Yuneec Customer who think's Yuneec Skins is affiliated with Yuneec, and takes it out on me, because their unable to reach Yuneec Customer Support.
I go above and beyond to make sure my Customers get the Yuneec Parts they need Ready for Service, if you purchased this Battery from Yuneec Skins, please email me at; [email protected] and I'll work with you to solve this issue...;)
Respectfully

I wasnt taking anything out on you or anyone at all. I did purchase the battery from yuneec skins and did reach out to them/you by phone today and left a message and asked if they had experienced any issues with the new battery and left my number so they could call back and we could discuss it. I never received a call back.

I posted to these forums as this was the most likely place to ask other typhoon users if they had any issues... In that post i did ask if it was an issue with the battery or something i did wrong. I quickly updated my thread when i realized my own user error and that there is nothing wrong with the battery, as far as charging is concerned... i did notice after charging when i removed the charging cable the battery case is already starting to seperate and will need to be touched up with some glue. No biggie, im glad to have a source of the battery. No disrespect was ever intended and not sure why the rant.

1 I said in the batteries back in stock thread, that i didnt see that thread before i had already posted a new thread on the issue i thought i had.
2. I already stated in both threads that It was my fault and the issue was resolved. I also stated that i have charged several other typhoon h batteries with your connector just fine and is still fine. The only real issue i had was the oem charger still not working properly which has nothing to do with your cable i mentioned
3 the sky charger has worked in conjunction with your cable just fine as it always has and is a great alternative to the oem charger.
4 again there is nothing wrong, it was an error on my part as mentioned in both threads

I think you read everything out of context and ignored where i said i was an idiot and that it was my own fault. I will be flying the new battery tomorrow and am i am sure it will be fine... i have waited almost a year for these to come back in stock since our phone conversation in June of 2021... I will be buying more of them

Apologies for any misunderstandings

Last edited:
Wow, Ya kind of went hard core, 3rd degree on the guy. I got the same treatment after emailing You asking if it was safe to run this battery that got puffy after the second charge. I got no answer other than your not liable for third party chargers and questioned about what kind of charger and where did I get it. I responded that it was a $25 charger from amazon that was recommended on this forum. I now have less than 5 minutes of flight time per charge and still have no answers

How long have you had the battery?

How many charge cycles?

Is it kept at storage charge level when not in use?

What is the battery capacity?

What charge rate are you using?

Is the puffiness just in the label area?

Does the battery still slide in/out of the aircraft without binding?

Reactions: Pier2162
Ive had the battery over a year now and it got puffy and gave me less than a 5 min flight after the second charge. It does hold the storage charge, IDk what each cell is at, Ill have to look. It charges at 2amps I believe and I always have run it on "Balance Charge" but some one suggested that using the quick charge could restore a bad cell but I think I just got bad luck with a bad battery

Does your charger allow you to measure internal resistance of the cells? If so what are the readings.

If the battery is a 7000mAh battery try charging at 3.5A which is a 0.5C rate.

If it is the 8050mAh battery charge at 4A for the 0.5C charge rate.

For a faster charge you can charge at 1.0C or 7A and 8A respectively.

If your charger doesn’t give you individual cell voltages, you can measure with a multimeter set to DC Volts.

IMG_0252.jpeg

You might try charging and hovering at low altitude for three or four charging cycles to see if you can get the battery reconditioned. If the puffiness is just slight and in the label area and does not cause binding as the battery is slid in/out of the aircraft it is likely not a concern. I have 2 OEM Power4 batteries that have that slight puffiness from day 1 and are 5 years old and still usable although flight time is down to 10 to 12 minutes.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech