Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H carry on bag

Reaction score
Going to Australia next month. I'd like to get a carry on size bag for the H, but it seems that most of them are just out of the measurement for overhead bins. Another option is getting a hard case and checking it. I already have bags for my batteries that will be in my carry on. Has anyone ever checked one in a hard case?

There are several ways to pack it for carry-on.

A seemingly popular bag is the Samsonite wheeled bag Yuneec Typhoon H, Compact Samsonite Wheeled Bag. But I found it a bit too large for my liking.

So I went to office depot a checked the bags they had there and found a very nice and compact brandless bag. I had to remove the landing gear and camera and very carefully find the best way to pack the whole thing without stressing anything. But I could fit everything including 2 batteries in there.

It was very comfortable to travel without worrying about the massive softcase.

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

Going to Australia next month. I'd like to get a carry on size bag for the H, but it seems that most of them are just out of the measurement for overhead bins. Another option is getting a hard case and checking it. I already have bags for my batteries that will be in my carry on. Has anyone ever checked one in a hard case?

Hello Paul, Just my opinion here but with as much money as you have spent on your H, I would definately go with a hard case!

I purchased a pretty much bulletproof, water proof including salt water proof rolling hard case specifically designed for the Typhoon H made by pelican and I can honestly say it's awesome and one of the best investments I have ever made for my H.
It even has a collapsable handle and wheels just like high end luggage does and it even had double reinforced lock points and it all works flawlessly. I purchased mine from amazon and it was well worth the price as the quality and craftsmanship is the best I've seen for our Typhoon H drones!
Here's some pictures of mine so you can see what I'm talking about!
20170228_123030.jpg 20170228_123230.jpg PicsArt_02-28-01.00.39.jpg

Thanks guys. I believe it will be a hard case. I'll take the camera off and keep it with my batteries in the carry on. The dimensions are so close on the carry on bag that I don't want to chance having to check it in a soft case. Another expense to an already expensive trip, but I can certainly get use out of it in other ways.

Hello Paul, Just my opinion here but with as much money as you have spent on your H, I would definately go with a hard case!

I purchased a pretty much bulletproof, water proof including salt water proof rolling hard case specifically designed for the Typhoon H made by pelican and I can honestly say it's awesome and one of the best investments I have ever made for my H.
It even has a collapsable handle and wheels just like high end luggage does and it even had double reinforced lock points and it all works flawlessly. I purchased mine from amazon and it was well worth the price as the quality and craftsmanship is the best I've seen for our Typhoon H drones!
View attachment 5225 View attachment 5227 View attachment 5228

Cool...!

And that pelican fits as Carry on?
I was looking at the pelican Carry on box. Do you think that one will fit the typhoon?
BA22 Luggage - Elite Luggage | Carry-On | Pelican Professional

View attachment 5225 View attachment 5227 View attachment 5228

I agree with hard case recommendation, I got the GPC case and it's beautifully designed and I've taken it to Europe numerous times without incident as checked baggage...by the way I also have a GPC case the size of a small purse for my Mavic which I can carry on as "my personal" small piece of luggage along with my backpack for all my regular camera gear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech