Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H CGO-ET, Multi-Track MP4 Video, VLC Player ?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm getting a kick out of my CGO-ET low-light and thermal camera. Flying over forest, the thermal camera can pick out a person and a dog walking under the trees, or spot a dog and walker across a soccer field. The low light camera's able to get useful video past sunset, and with a pair of Lume Cubes it can light up a whole soccer field at 100'.

The camera makes an MP4 with two video tracks and VLC is recommended to see both of them. So far, it works OK sometimes, but I haven't figured out how to reliably resize the window that pops up with the 2nd track for the thermal on Track 2.

When I use Video -> Track 2 a postage-stamp sized window to fit the low-resolution thermal image pops up, and needs to be resized. The thermal image looks best when about 3 inches wide and _sometimes_ I'm able to grab the corner and stretch it large enough, but most of the time the corner-grabber is very touchy and I can only stretch it a fraction of an inch. Then, it won't resize again and I can't X out of the little window to try again. The only way I've found to recover is to X out of the big window and restart VLC player.

I'd also like to be able to split out the two tracks so I can edit videos with Camtasia or Premeire, but the best I've found is to do screen capture while playing with VLC which is kinda clumsy.

VLC is running on Windows 10 on a Dell XPS Notebook with GeForce GPU.

So far, I've found zero docs about it at Yuneec and got as far as this with advice from this forum and a couple of YouTube videos. I see ten or a dozen 'alternatives' to VLC player but it looks like most of them won't handle the twin track MP4.

Does this suggest a solution to some helpful Yuneec Pilot here? Any idea what I'm doing wrong or not doing? Any good alternatives to VLC Player? Have I missed the essential tute?

I want the CGOET for S&R but the EMA in my area won't come off the $1900 for us to get one. So I'm saving up and going to purchase it myself.

I want the CGOET for S&R but the EMA in my area won't come off the $1900 for us to get one. So I'm saving up and going to purchase it myself.

Ask around, might be able to get a discount. I don't think my discounter wants me to advertise it but when I mentioned I was ready to buy with any incentive they came back with a couple hundred off.

This camera is more like a FLIRONE than an $8,000 thermal sensor for an Inspire or Matrice, but it's OK for what we're doing and the H is very stable flying in the dark with a 3-mile flasher on top.

My first ET came way cheap off eBay a while back and I used it for a while. It ran so hot I was concerned about using it, and indeed it died on me. With no dealer and no warranty it was a total loss. This recent one works fine and I'll be putting thermal scans in my portfolio...

See thread to extract the video tracks:

Extracting IR video from the CGO-ET

Thanks muchly for this, Steve, works fine for me.

I ran the .mkv output from MKVToolnix thru VLCPlayer's Media -> Convert option to make a .MP4. Camtasia works with both files.

My only hitch was not reading your instructions and un-checking the first video track on my first try.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece