Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Crash

Here you go ...telemetry

Hi.. everyone I had my Typhoon H pro crash weeks ago and still trying to get it shipped off to yuneec . I had the drone up about 90 feet up just sitting there and one motor just stop and down it came ...I though it was spouse to fly with five motors but it didn't . the wind was blowing about 10km ...the drone was bought new in December . Too bad I didn't have the video recording .

yuneec had to see all the flight logs to approve the Drone failed. Which took a week to get it approved for repair are replace the drone has some really good damage to the camera and to realsense and to the drone arms, Yuneec has the worst service .

dji kills yuneec costumers service I have a phantom 4 that needed to be repaired it was all looked after and shipped Within 24 hours ...

Its still sitting at staples waiting to be shipped for repair .. And keep calling and waiting for yuneec...!!! Yuneec Has not picked up the shipping ..yet..!

Will Never Buy A Yuneec Again ....!!!!!!!

Here's the telemetry

Sorry just venting ....

Last edited:
Reactions: John F
This is a duplicate post of yours. I think the file should be posted to your original post as it is part of that discussion.

That's terrible mate. Was looking at getting the H920 but customer service is vital...hope Yuneec monitor these forums. :-(

they deleted the first post
Probably because you were being vague with answers and not answering some questions posed. I can tell you this much. If my drone had issues, yes I would contact Yuneec, but I would not have Staples send it back. Get an RMA and send it yourself. And If Staples were sending it back, I would be speaking to the store manager as to why it has not left. I would also have Staples add the missing time to the warranty, the excess time it was in their possession as they dropped the ball there. You need to take some ownership for the drone not being sent back, as it is your drone and due diligence is always required. Mine came from London Drugs, but when I crashed, I called Yuneec and handled it all myself.

No company can issue an RMA, get it to them, examine it, repair it, and then have it shipped back within 24 hours. I have worked in the tech industry, and to get an RMA takes time as do repairs and testing before an item gets shipped back again.

What I am saying is don't just drop it off and assume it is all handled if someone else is doing it. Do the obvious and follow up daily until you have a tracking number.

Have an electronic paper trail for everything always to back yourself up should something go wrong.

I'm sure someone on here will look at the logs for you.

Reactions: segpie
Yes ..But yuneec is sending Me to staples that's where they told me too take it ....

Last edited:
Yes ..But yuneec is sending Me to staples that's where they told me too take it ....
Then you go to see Staples, talk to the store manager and get him to explain what is causing the delay. Let them know you will wait in the store till they have an answer. Do not accept a "come back later", one month has already been later. IF they can not provide you with an answer, ask for the regional managers contact information, do not accept a " regional will contact you" answer. Speak to the regional while you are in the store with the manager there with you. IF need be, go into an office and put it on a speaker phone. Should be nothing to hide om their part.

I would get back in touch with Yuneec and tell them Staples isn't handling it properly and you wish to send it to Yuneec directly. Unless Staples has a satisfaction policy where they would just exchange it, I wouldn't add a middle man (Staples). Having known people who've worked for Staples I guarantee Staples doesn't want to deal with it.

Reactions: Murray Martz
I sent a laptop back through Staples and they lost it. Personally, i would not send my drone anywhere other than directly to the manufacturer.

Yes I was in contact with yuneec again today and plus I was in contact with the Staples manager today staples manager today and the staples manger doesn't have a clue about what's going on.. yuneec says they're manager is going to be contacting Staples which they never did yet so I don't know what's going on no .

Yuneec said wait another day and a manager will be in contact with Staples so I don't know I'll have to wait and see what's go on ..I guess I will have ship it off myself ...what b.s.

Getting tired of contacting yuneec it's been dozens of times ...

With a middle man without a dog in the hunt handling the shipping there's bound to be problems. Personally, after getting an RMA to ship it back if it hadn't moved in the first week I would have been all over it.

At the moment you're pi$$ed and want everyone to know it while thinking posting you bad experience with Staples in this forum will force Yuneec to do something. Hate to tell ya but Yuneec doesn't monitor this forum. Yea, you had a crash but you've sat in tour hands when you should have been a helluva lot more proactive. Run down to Staples, pick up your H, and ship it back to Yuneec yourself. You have an RMA to justify the shipment.

Last edited:
For starters I don't give a rats *** if Yuneec reads this or not and I,m not out to bad mouth Staples it's not their fault its aswip yuneec fault ...I guess I'll have to grab it and ship it off myself it's just a whole lot of BS a deal with ..if they didn't want to pay for the shipping just come on say it ....

The stupid thing is that I purchased the drone from Best Buy and now I have to grab it I got to drive to the city i'm 1 hour and 20 minutes away from staples.
Every time I've had to called yuneec it's not just five minutes call it's turning into half an hour to an hour wait before you to talk to a person so they must be having a lot of problems with there drones...

OK, there is no dispute that you had a significant problem. The motor state changes from 255 to 254. i don't know what the normal motor state is when all 6 are working. It might be 256, it might be 255. if it's 256 there might have been a problem at lift off. But I don't know the correct value for a 6 motor functioning state. There does appear to be a motor loss, and a whole lot of yaw, which is not what the H will usually do when losing a motor. The H did not drop straight down, it took about 9 seconds for the descent. We don't know why the H lost a motor, if that motor simply failed of if the H hit something that caused the motor failure, and perhaps caused the yaw instability.

I apologize for my earlier "takes care of" comment. That wasn't right. I purposely dropped the GPS location from the spread sheet. Sorry about the axis titles, I haven't yet figured out how to properly re-format the aircraft time column. Interesting that error flags did not occur until your H was halfway through its descent, and that "current" shows zero for the entire flight.

Shifting gears for a moment, you might want to pick it up from Staples and return it to Best Buy for an exchange. They may accept the RMA as reason for an exchange.

From still another direction, Staples appears to be consistently dropping the ball when handling Yuneec repair shipments. Staples does not handle any repairs directly, they seem to be a shipping agent or broker, likely due to the way the Canadian government/postal system handles and delays things passing back and forth to the United States. I have yet to experience a shipment that crosses the Canadian border that did not encounter long delays in the crossing process, with all the delay due to Canadian government/postal/customs regulations. The more people complain to Yuneec about delays through Staples the sooner Yuneec might separate from whatever agreement they have due to non performance and connect with someone considerably more responsive.

Think about this for a moment. Yuneec contracts with Staples to be the shipping agent for repairs. I seriously doubt there's any agreement for Staples to actually make repairs on Yuneec's behalf. Staples agrees to handle the shipments and takes responsibility for product movement. Perhaps Staples is waiting for Yuneec to provide shipping fees? Perhaps Staples is waiting for a monthy shipping date to come around. If Staples elects to sit on repair shipments for whatever reason, exactly what can Yuneec do about it? Do they fly up to Canada and physically take possession of the articles sitting in the Staples warehouse? Do they threaten Staples with various types of dire actions? Does Yuneec initiate a series of e-mails and phone calls with Staples? Do they put the product owner in that communication loop? Corporations typically keep customers in the dark if they are having trouble with vendors. Should Yuneec let the customer know they are experiencing issues with the shipping agent if that's the case? I would say yes, but I have not heard of that happening. So, is the problem Yuneec's or one that is more chargeable to Staples? I'd say Staples, with Yuneec bearing some of the blame for choosing a representative badly, but I don't have any info from either company to form an opinion with.

Another alternative is Staples is awaiting shipping/customs approvals from your government. We don't know what we don't know but I suppose it makes people fell better to blindly blame someone in a rant.

upload_2017-6-8_16-17-29.png

Last edited:
Yes it came down straight down one motor stop ..The drone didn't keep flying with five it came down fast and hard enough totally destroyed the camera and the mountain base under the drone drone legs are not folding down and the drone arms are not folding down and damage to the real sense ......

Telemetry says it started the descent at ~15:36:03 and ended the descent at ~15:36:12. It was picked up very quickly after hitting the ground.

Not being a douche by any means, but why would you take it to Staples if you bought it at Best Buy? Just looking for some clarification. Even if Yuneec said take it to Staples, I would've pressed to have it returned to where it was purchased. Both Staples and Best Buy sell the same drone, and I would find it hard to believe that Best Buy is required to take their returned drones to Staples.

So how is it that it went to Staples rather than where it was bought. You see, all of these questions that are being asked, will help others to better understand issues in the future, and to help people avoid things like this from happening.

When I had my H crash on April 26, the following day I contacted Yuneec in California. They said send in all the telemetry files for their review, which I did. After about 3-4 days I called back to get the status of my case. They said it was assigned to a tech for review and I should have an answer in a a couple more days. Within 2 days they sent me an email with an RA number and document but since I am in Canada, they said that the Staples Repair Centre in Mississauga is contracted to do Canadian Yuneec repairs. I boxed up all the pieces in the original backpack and dropped it off to my local Staples. Although it was their first drone repair, they handled it according to their procedure. Since it was a Friday afternoon, the local Staples agent said it would be sent to the Staples Repair Centre first thing Monday morning, also they gave me the phone number of the repair centre. After about 1 1/2 weeks I called the repair centre and "Paul" the tech who was looking after my drone said that after examining it he determined it was a complete write-off and he had had contacted Yuneec to send a complete replacement which was "on its way". About a week later I got a phone call from the local Staples agent saying my drone was there and ready for pick up. Within a couple of hours, I went to the local Staples and picked it up. The total time from the day I crashed until the day I picked up the replacement (BTW a complete new Tyhoon H Pro kit!) was 4 weeks.

I'm still having problems with the crash description and the high yaw rate. The aircraft descended at just under 10'/second. A true fall starts at 33'/second and doubles every 33' until terminal velocity is attained. If yaw was being held over it would force a descent had it been in a self controlled descent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio