Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

typhoon H ( crashed- why?)

Reaction score
Hello to all. Im the new here . I have typhoon h only 6 months but now i crashed with it in water. Why? i dont now. So here i post telemetry , remote, remote gps and sensor file. Can anybody help me to understand the problem.
Thanks in advance
Kristjan

Attachments

• telemetry.zip
    531 KB · Views: 17
The aircraft did a descent near the end of the flight until it touched down. The motor status changed from 255 to 247 a few meters above the ground, but I'm not certain what that number means. The telemetry shows it was in follow me mode.

Can you describe what you saw as it descended?

Hello
It was cca 10 m of the ground before falling down at angle cca 45 deg and then flip over self . So after crash land on motor (the camera was in air). It was in angle mode- not follow me mode. But if was in follow me mode i need to be 10 m underground. I was on sea level mybe 1m altitude l!!

Yes my be take off in smart mode. But i fly cca 8 minutes in smart then in angle mode for

Last edited:
Hello
It was cca 10 m of the ground before falling down at angle cca 45 deg and then flip over self . So after crash land on motor (the camera was in air). It was in angle mode- not follow me mode. But if was in follow me mode i need to be 10 m underground. I was on sea level mybe 1m altitude l!!
Yes my be take off in smart mode. But i fly cca 8 minutes in smart then in angle mode for
Okay, yes, I can see the pitch and roll went to extremes shortly after the motor status changed. Did you recover the H?

If this is still under warranty you should contact Yuneec as soon as possible.

Yes i recover the H. Yes its under warranty another 6 months i hope. What do you think. I send telemetry to yuneec service in US and Europe (Germany)

Yes i recover the H. Yes its under warranty another 6 months i hope. What do you think. I send telemetry to yuneec service in US and Europe (Germany)
You need to send the telemetry to wherever the warranty service will be done. They may ask for the entire telemetry folder zipped.

Reactions: DJI-drones
Hi,

this is an interesting case. All went good so far, no problems in FlightLog. I have cut a little bit more than one minute from this flight. The trouble starts at 08:46:50. The H lost height and speed without reason, pitch and throttle unchanged. At this time H was 250m away over water or whatever this is (salt fields?). Descending rate is 2m/s. (1)
Operator stops (pitch neutral) and still throttle neutral, should hold height but still decending and lose speed. Either there was too much wind at this time or already motor problems. Descending rate increases to 5m/s. (2)
After that, speed is increasing again till the motor 4 is cut. I think this is caused by sink rate (z-axis) because the distance is not increasing as fast as before.
At 08:47:05 the operator switches to Smart mode and the copter is going to Follow-Me mode.
But then at 08:47:06, during full throttle and full pitch (understandable, when copted descends fast without reason) the Motor4 stopped with error. (3) There should be a 5-Rotor Mode message on ST16. But 5-Rotor-Mode is not working, the copter still is going down with descending rate up to 8m/s. Shortly after Motor4 was cut the copter roll from 0 to 180° and this was it....
Motor4_off.png
I think, this is clearly a warranty case for Kaltenkirchen/Germany.

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hello.
Thanks h-Elsner for your time to help me. Tomorrow i send the drone to our dealer. Then we see what happen.

BR
Kristjan

Service center Europe(Germany):
During a second technical inspection, we found out that several and visual compass warning have been ignored, this cause the crash of your Typhoon H and is a pilot mistake and cannot be handle under warranty.

How we explain this?

in telemetry log. files its possible to see (several and visual compass warning)?

BR
Kristjan

This is simply not true what they say. The copter began to descent without reason before the compass calibration warning flags are seen.
YTH_descent.png

Also the there are not so many of them. I do not know, when Status LED will go orange and what are the thresholds for the number of warnings that will be raise an alarm on ST16.
Frequently compass calibration warnings are 'normal' behaviour of Yuneec copters, seen already at Blade 350QX, Q500 and now at Typhoon H. Those warning flag blocks last usually ~1sec, same as you have had twice. Then you have a block, lasting 3sec. This may be warned at the ST16, but what exactly they expect what you shall do in this case? Is there something written in user manual? I think not. After this sequence you called the copter back. OK so far. Here is the timeline:
timeline.png

Then it starts to descent and after this trouble has begun, then we see a fourth block of compass warnings for 3sec. But in this case it was already too late to do something.

How did KK explained why the copter doesen't respond to user actions or did something by itself?
ScreenshotSchnellanalyse_1.png

I would come back to them and ask.

br HE

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt