Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H disconnect in flight

Reaction score
Hi All, so yesterday I took my H out for a flight and decided to try out the CCC function while flying the waypoints all of a sudden the ST16 said RC disconnected by luck the H continued flying the waypoint route by itself. I ended the CCC flight while the ST16 Said RC disconnected luckily I was not flying far out around 20 m or so and it reconnected and I proceed to land it straight away. What would have happened if I were far out and could not reconnect to the H what could have caused the disconnection?

IUt is very unusual to lose RC-connection. It is more likely to lose 5GHz video connection. Are you sure you have bound both, camera and drone (2.4Ghz ZigBee connection)? Another idea is a defect transmitter or receiver. Or the antennas are defect or wrong directed. Do you have antenna mod? Do you have 3-antenna ST16 or an older 2-antenna one?

Can you show telemetry file of this flight with RC-loss?

br HE

My first guess would be a damaged antenna on the Typhoon H. Also an inteference might be possible. Idiots jamming our drones for no reason have also become quiet common these days. From my experience an electronical defect is not so likely likely since it usually works fine or fails entirely but not something in between.

Like h-elsner said the log files would be very interesting.

IUt is very unusual to lose RC-connection. It is more likely to lose 5GHz video connection. Are you sure you have bound both, camera and drone (2.4Ghz ZigBee connection)? Another idea is a defect transmitter or receiver. Or the antennas are defect or wrong directed. Do you have antenna mod? Do you have 3-antenna ST16 or an older 2-antenna one?

Can you show telemetry file of this flight with RC-loss?

br HE

Hi, Thanks for your reply. It is the normal ST16 with two 2.4 GHz antennas on the outer sides with the 5 GHz antenna in the middle. I have attached the file as requested.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. It is the normal ST16 with two 2.4 GHz antennas on the outer sides with the 5 GHz antenna in the middle. I have attached the file as requested.
Sorry forgot to answer yes I was connected to RC and CGo3+ as I was using the right stick on the ST16 to control the camera while the H flew its waypoints.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements