Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H+ doesn't like SD Cards

Reaction score
Hi altogether!
This is my first post here, I have searched the forum but I didn't find a solution.

I own a Typhoon H+ RealSense since one week now.
After some flights and test video/foto I wanted to install a bigger SD Card.
So searched this forum and found some recommendatiuons and bought two SanDisk extreme 64GB.
I formatted them with fat32 like the 16GB Forseed card delivered also.
When attached to the c23 camera, they won't be recognized, only the 16GB card is useable!
Tried also a 32GB card from Toshiba, the same!
This morning there was an update to build 784, I did this, but no change!
The only card I can use is the 16GB forseed!

Any idea what is goind wrong there? I have no idea any more... :-(

I have the SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB in mine as we speak. Works great.

Funny... today I think that all devices using sd cards will detect EVERY card...
My cards are from the recommended cards list here in this forum... :oops:

Well, I just started upgrading to the 784 build and it won't recognize my 64GB card. Kept saying there's not enough room on the card. Formatted it and same thing. Put a SanDisk Extreme Plus 32GB in and it just took it. Upgrading now.

Just noticed that there is a hairline crack in my 64GB card. It's brand new. Wonder if Walmart will exchange it.

Hi altogether!
This is my first post here, I have searched the forum but I didn't find a solution.

So searched this forum and found some recommendatiuons and bought two SanDisk extreme 64GB.
When attached to the c23 camera, they won't be recognized, only the 16GB card is useable!

You have to make sure the classification on the card matches what is required otherwise they won’t work.

Hi altogether!

SanDisk should be the most used brand, maybe there is some gap on the usage with manufacturer list?

I’m curious about the formatting method being used for various cards. Has everyone been using the quick format option instead of the longer to complete standard formatting? The reason I ask is because of something I used to work with. Cards that were quick formatted would not work but when standard formatted would work every time so I wonder if the same thing might be happening with the C-23.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Theres no gap. Please pay attention to the list I put together. There is an issue with A2 type sandisk cards. They do not work in the C23 or 90. Only A1 type cards.

^^^What he said^^^^ And as I just posted, I have never needed to format a Sandisk Micro SD card Type A1.

Format exFAT, not FAT32
You have brought up a point I have never been clear about. Hence I have not used this format before in my H or my H Plus, yet FAT32 has been working OK if not well so far. What can I read/where can I learn the reason/benefit for using exFAT format?

This issue is clouded further by the fact the Forsee card that came in my C23 is formatted as FAT32.

If using Win10 that’s the primary format as FAT32 is not an available option. I know exFAT works for CGO-3 and CGO-4 systems but can’t say for the C-23, E-90 systems. exFAT allows for larger compartment sizes.

If using Win10 that’s the primary format as FAT32 is not an available option. I know exFAT works for CGO-3 and CGO-4 systems but can’t say for the C-23, E-90 systems.
That explains why I don't know about it. Not using Win10 -and never will. I have no issue with exFAT so I'm open to trying it if there is a benefit of any kind. But unless there is a benefit I'm not inclined to try it. If it ain't broke.....
And it ain't. The FAT32 has been working fine in the GCO3+ and C23.

So when formatting in the camera, which formatting is used... Fat32?

So when formatting in the camera, which formatting is used... Fat32?

Good Question, so I just tried it in the C23 with my SanDisk Extreme Pro, it came out as FAT32.
And the same is true for the CGO3+

Good to know... formatting the same as is native to the camera, would surely minimize potential compatibility issues.

Best way you formatted the SD card & communicate the nearest local distributor or you want recover your memory card data choose a data recovery program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval