Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Fell from the Sky!

Reaction score
I know I have seen a few posts about this but, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with Yuneec and getting a replacement or I may be SOL. I pulled all the logs but, I cannot pull the video. When the H fell from the sky the camera took it pretty hard and broke the end of the SD card and when I insert it into my computer, it doesn't even recognize it. Looking at logs I can tell it the battery voltage looks fine but, it lost all 16 satellites and I believe thats maybe when it happened. I may be reading the logs incorrectly. Any advice would be appreciated!

I wasn't sure of the answer, so I hit "search" (top right) and found it.

This thread should have all the answers you need. If not, try and search for other alternatives as I am pretty sure other members have done this and posted their logs into this forum.

Rename the .csv extension to .txt and then upload to the forum, as below...

Also had a "fell from the sky" crash about a week ago, attempting to do my
first CCC route... waiting on Yuneec CS to review the log.

Attachments

• Telemetry_00249.txt
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
Rename the .csv extension to .txt and then upload to the forum, as below...

Also had a "fell from the sky" crash about a week ago, attempting to do my
first CCC route... waiting on Yuneec CS to review the log.

Good luck, I hope you can get a replacement. I have been flying the H for about 11 months with no problems until this event.

From what I see:
You had 16-17 satellites the entire flight. I do not know if your Altitude read out is in meters or feet, either way you never went very high 1.57 either feet or meters.. I see at one point either you turned off the GPS, or it lost then regained a use. Battery voltage was good the entire flight.
QUESTIONS"
How high up were you when it fell?
Did it just hit the ground, or did the motors shut off and it fell?
Were you in ANGLE or SMART mode?

Hi, mine fell out of the sky yesterday, I had a battery low warning saying descend to 60m (180ft) and suddenly it just dropped like a stone. I went to look for it and found the lights still blinking.
Angle mode, GPS on, OBS off.
Camera trashed, 2 clips of arms broken which I ordered today and will replace and hopefully the H can fly again.
Ordered a battery tester as well to check voltage before any take off from now on.
One question, is it possible to fly the H without a camera?

thanks

Last edited:
From what I see:
You had 16-17 satellites the entire flight. I do not know if your Altitude read out is in meters or feet, either way you never went very high 1.57 either feet or meters.. I see at one point either you turned off the GPS, or it lost then regained a use. Battery voltage was good the entire flight.
QUESTIONS"
How high up were you when it fell?
Did it just hit the ground, or did the motors shut off and it fell?
Were you in ANGLE or SMART mode?

I was probably 50 feet in the air, I was about 100 yards away but, it looked like the motors just shut off and it fell to the ground. I was in angle mode. I also did not shut off the GPS. Thanks for taking a look at it BobW55.

One question, is it possible to fly the H without a camera?

Yes, depress the catch and carefully slide the cam forward. Flying, the ST16 will keep saying it's connecting with cam, but just ignore that.

Let me add that you need to get in the habit of watching the H battery voltage. When it drops into the 14 range, start back.

Update, called Yuneec and waited for customer service for 1 hour and 28 minutes before I spoke with a representative. Yes, the numbers are correct. Sending them the flight logs this evening.

Thank you Rayray. I downloaded the UAV Toolkit and now I know I was at 58m aprox and hovering when it dropped.

Start Voltage
16.6 V
End Voltage
14.3 V
Min Voltage
14.1 V

6 Compass calibration errors before take off

Last edited:
Update, called Yuneec and waited for customer service for 1 hour and 28 minutes before I spoke with a representative. Yes, the numbers are correct. Sending them the flight logs this evening.
I called CS yesterday and got this mesage:"approximate wait time is 18 minutes". Actual wait time was 1hr 40min! But I did receive GREAT service! Monday is the heaviest call day, and long delays are the norm.

At a low voltage of 14.1, which is bad, I'd say that's what did it. I just flew my H for the first time two days ago and almost made the same mistake. My low voltage on one flight was 14.3. Had it been 14.1 I bet mine would have dropped out of the sky too. I think I will be prepared and in a landing sequence at 14.6 which is about where Yuneec says to land. I actually got all the motor LEDs blinking white and immediately dropped the gear and landed (a bit harder than I'd prefer). That flight was just a few seconds over 20 minutes. To ensure a margin of safety I'm going to be prepared to land at around 15, but that will depend on the voltage level which will override my approximate time limits.

I feel that this is a cause of a lot of H "dropping from the sky" . The misunderstood battery meter and the stated flight time. Just because the yuneec says flight time of 25mins doesn't mean fly 25 min and land. This is under ideal controlled testing. We will not see this (well we can and watch it fall) in our flights. 15 is probably a good time. I personally have not flown more than 16 mins and usually land at or before the 1st warning. Just because you have a battery meter that reads 50% doesn't mean you can fly for what you already have . As stated in another topic the battery meter is not a flight meter and at about 50% you should be on the ground. My batteries are at 3.75 volts after each flight I see no need to fly longer. That's why I have 7 batteries. It's not worth a 1500$ bird for that extra 3 mins.
Typhoon H User(created) Manual

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcecleaning