Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H First Steps - Faulty Motor?

Reaction score
As I might have already shared in other threads in this forum, I recently acquired a Typhoon H from Costco and been 'trying' few things. I have not taken my first flight yet as the learning curve is a bit steep.

Now, just to ensure everything is working and to familiarize myself with the display, I started the motors while the AC had NO propellers installed. Immediately thereafter I got an error message saying that one motor is faulty, that the AC was using only 5 motors, and that I needed to land ASAP. I could also hear some 'strange/loud' clicking noise from the motor(s) and in all honesty it did not sound right. Now, this is my second AC (I have one of a different brand) and starting the motors without propellers has never given me an error message.

Did I by any chance get a defective AC? What's a sure/safe way to diagnose the motor(s) condition without taking flight?

Last edited:
The H can tell immediately if there is a problem with the props or motors. Since the H is the only unit with a 5 rotor mode it will display the error. Others models will not.
What you are seeing is normal operation with no props mounted. You would see the same message and hear the same sound if you only mounted 5 props.

You can check the motors via the app/GUI. If you throttle up with no props it will make that rattle and go into 5 prop alert. Don't do that as a test. Many quads will let you do this no prop throttle up. I assumed the H would also and enjoyed your same moment first time I tried that. Made me get a PC and load the app so I could check the motors as I thought I did damage.

The H will ALWAYS enter 5 motor mode when run without props. One motor will ALWAYS sound different from the rest in this state. This has been mentioned many, many times after new users speak of this "not a problem problem".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop