Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H/H-plus power board

Reaction score
Searching has been fruitless, I’ve gotten everything under the sun except my answer:

Do the 480 and the plus share the same power board, or on/off button? Not the plastic button itself (they appear to be the same), but the board underneath it that connects to the main board?

I need one but every search online comes up with the 480 power switch for sale. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t be the same but, this is Yuneec we’re talking about and they’re just quirky enough to completely redesign an on/off switch just for the heck of it.

Muchas gracias in advance amigos..

I don't believe they are the same. What leads you to believe you need to replace it?

I don't believe they are the same. What leads you to believe you need to replace it?

Murray is correct I need one for the build I’m doing. I didn’t see one in brighter brands listings, I’ve only seen two others listed for sale on eBay but they are both for the 480

Reactions: madladvideo
I have only one from H520 to compare but I think H Plus is the same. H520 has a shorter cable, the rest is the same including plugs.
View attachment 22653

br HE

Because they look the same might not nessesarily mean they are though correct? There could be slight differences on the actual board itself, but by all appearances they do look alike.

An email to [email protected]
will most likely never be replied to so I won’t hold my breath. No idea where I can get confirmation, don’t want to plug it in and blow up my board.

It’s the different size in cables that has me hesitant, why would they change size of cable..well, glad I asked, because they apparently moved the connector on the board for some reason, and thus needed a longer cable/wire for the different position (The H position is obviously farther away from switch), at least that’s what I’m thinking. Perhaps it’s because the regular h board is round and farther away from the front button?

Because they look the same might not nessesarily mean they are though correct? There could be slight differences on the actual board itself, but by all appearances they do look alike.

An email to [email protected]
will most likely never be replied to so I won’t hold my breath. No idea where I can get confirmation, don’t want to plug it in and blow up my board.

It’s the different size in cables that has me hesitant, why would they change size of cable..well, glad I asked, because they apparently moved the connector on the board for some reason, and thus needed a longer cable/wire for the different position (The H position is obviously farther away from switch), at least that’s what I’m thinking. Perhaps it’s because the regular h board is round and farther away from the front button?

Found my answer. He has them for sale, just noticed or saw it on eBay.

Thought it still doesn’t answer the question. IMG_2548.jpg

I don’t seem to be seeing all his auctions in my search, unless he just listed it.

I have used both on both boards - no difference. The different lenght of the cable is cause by different ESC mainboards (location of the plugs).
But with this price you can't go wrong....

br HE

Thank you for confirmation.

And yeah, getting typhoon parts from his auction is relatively cheap. He’s just flooding the market with parts that he’s killing his own prices. Most parts seem to end up sold around the same prices:

Motor arms $25-$40 ( I picked up 9 over past couple months at average $33).

Body and shell $50ish

Both landing gear $80-$110

St16s $140-ish

Main boards $50-ish

You can’t not buy some extras for when the market dries up, if it ever does. I read all the time on here that parts are hard to get because they no longer sell the H’s or the parts, but I’ve yet to see any part not for sale on eBay, there seems to just be a steady stream of H parts constantly...and I’m ok with that.

On an unrelated note: there’s another seller on eBay that sells the original OEM typhoon parts but he’s price gouging then all. He has 4 different pieces of an st16 (front, back, both pots) for total of $170. You can buy a used one for $80!! Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval