Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H interesting

Reaction score
Hello all, been awhile since I've been here. Just wanted to speculate, lol. So my wife and I had been watching a Livestream of the current events in Minneapolis on YouTube. The streamer was flying what appeared to be a q500 or a Typhoon H, I'm thinking it was an H though. Other than the protest being covered what was interesting was the end of the stream. About 14 minutes from live, and I presume launch, a green laser struck the craft. First a brief flash, then it seemed to stay with it. I'd say about 14 or 15 seconds later the camera panned to a useless angle while departing from what was being streamed, also noted was a landing strut was visible now as that is where the camera had settled at and also why I think it was an H flying because the landing strut had not been visible in the multiple pans and views the operater used before. It really made me curious if the craft had been taken over by law enforcement as the video cut out while in flight after a couple more seconds past the green laser and spotting the landing struts. It was still a good ways up at that time. Anyway guess I'll never now just thought I'd share.

Hello all, been awhile since I've been here. Just wanted to speculate, lol. So my wife and I had been watching a Livestream of the current events in Minneapolis on YouTube. The streamer was flying what appeared to be a q500 or a Typhoon H, I'm thinking it was an H though. Other than the protest being covered what was interesting was the end of the stream. About 14 minutes from live, and I presume launch, a green laser struck the craft. First a brief flash, then it seemed to stay with it. I'd say about 14 or 15 seconds later the camera panned to a useless angle while departing from what was being streamed, also noted was a landing strut was visible now as that is where the camera had settled at and also why I think it was an H flying because the landing strut had not been visible in the multiple pans and views the operater used before. It really made me curious if the craft had been taken over by law enforcement as the video cut out while in flight after a couple more seconds past the green laser and spotting the landing struts. It was still a good ways up at that time. Anyway guess I'll never now just thought I'd share.
It would be doubtful that anyone could take over an H in flight or even on the ground without the ST16 it was bound to.

Reactions: johnnyb57
You're probably right, it was just strange how it played out. As far as I know only DJI drones are able to be intercepted mid flight and only with very specialized techniques not available to the public.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace