Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus Manual

Reaction score
Here is my latest Manual and Chklist.

I sent my H + in for repair as the CCC task function was not working. The other tasks function OK.
I'm also getting an "avionics voltage error low", this only shows if you look a the "history", when first using the H+. They have not been able to tell me what is causing it other then is the battery fully charged - and yes it is and it occurs with either flight battery for the H+.

I have landed in all the modes and it works great every time. Land manually and hold the stick back and it stops the motors within 3-4 sec's every time no need the hold with thumb and press button with other finger.

The CCC and other tasks have been tested to the extent I could. The other tasks work fine just CCC is a problem - would not perform the task at all just hovered where it was no go to 1st waypoint.
Have to wait for return of H+ to re-verify their operation.

9/9/2018

Updated the manual with the 2 new updates from the last couple of weeks. Also added a section on telemetry retrieval from the ST16S and on Smart mode. A little on the new Team mode what I could without another ST16S to fully test.

Cleaned up the “Update” section and add some more pic's in hopes of help maybe some others of how the process works.

With update 1.1.01_BUILD757_20180906 the opening screen with the "Update Reminder" was removed.

In testing the smart mode, the H+ would travel in a circle if the right stick was held to the left or the right for and length of time. The fwd and back on the stick it moves as expected - straight fwd or straight back.
OH and made the Binding I hope clearer on what to do.
CCC mode is still not performing as described - sometimes it works - it’s not consistent. Did not test with update Build757 yet.

It also seems faster in Sport mode – or it’s because I have not used it for a couple of weeks.

Had no problems with either update – both went well.

Also made changes to the check list.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02/26/2019
Well updated the manual to reflect the updates that have occured, with the info. Ty Pilot learned for the CCC function.
Corrected some type O's and corrected some confusing information I hope, also included the steps to manually downgrade or upgrade the firmware.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05/11/2019
Updated the TEAM Mode section with DCH's input. Added 2 addendums rdonson’s ideal for the calibration procedures one for before APP BUILD 829 and one for after the build which passworded us out. And or corrections.
----------------------------------------------
03/26/2021
Clean-up the wording and errors. And tried to improve looks. Had free time to do some of it more is most likely needed. Will do more testing this spring and summer

Attachments

• HPlus_Chklist_D.pdf
    336.3 KB · Views: 504
  • Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv1.0.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Here is my latest Manual and Chklist.

I sent my H + in for repair as the CCC task function was not working. The other tasks function OK.
I'm also getting an "avionics voltage error low", this only shows if you look a the "history", when first using the H+. They have not been able to tell me what is causing it other then is the battery fully charged - and yes it is and it occurs with either flight battery for the H+.

I have landed in all the modes and it works great every time. Land manually and hold the stick back and it stops the motors within 3-4 sec's every time no need the hold with thumb and press button with other finger.

The CCC and other tasks have been tested to the extent I could. The other tasks work fine just CCC is a problem - would not perform the task at all just hovered where it was no go to 1st waypoint.
Have to wait for return of H+ to re-verify their operation.
@ogrench Thank you for all your great work on the User Manual AND the Chklist!!

Thanks also for mentioning the CCC issue. Guess I have some testing to do to ensure that all the features of my H+ actually work! :eek: Actually, testing the features is a good idea (with the help of your manual) just to force familiarity with the features. Thank You!

What a fantastic manual "thankyou" i am new to the drone scene, & found the manual i downloaded for the h+ was very limited (from yuneec) i have followed your pre flight checklist & presume i am ready to go ??

@ogrench very nice work indeed. Question: are you in the EU or the US? And, looking forward to what you have to say about Yuneec's fix to the CCC function, I also have a Plus that will not execute a CCC and, same for a follow me mission.

Reactions: Stevewh
@ogrench very nice work indeed. Question: are you in the EU or the US? And, looking forward to what you have to say about Yuneec's fix to the CCC function, I also have a Plus that will not execute a CCC and, same for a follow me mission.
I live in US.
I sent the unit in, they got it yesterday. I'm going to check in with them today or tomorrow. I have (had) been running the unit through all the modes and doing the manual - for me. I don't get
to fly everyday (or have great scenery to shoot) but write things down so I can refer back to it - if need be. Just pasting it along for others to use if they wish.
I will pass on what they tell me. I was also getting a "avionics low 4.67 volts" error also at start up the unit just sitting on the ground - it is in the "History" does not pop-up on screen - like major warnings and flight changes etc. its a low level error they say - for them (Yuneec) not me.
I will pass the info on.

Did it do orbit or Poi?
Yes it performed all the "Tasks". The lock (on center) did not seem to be as good for Orbit/POI but my battery on the H+ was getting close to that 30% level (all Tasks become unavailable).
I will have to see when I get it back.
I sent it to Yuneec in Ca. After what ever they do to it the tech said he would flight and check things out. They were good as we tried to figure the CCC over a couple of days, as I told Ty pilot the "avionics" error I was concerned about also - they had no answer other than it was a low flight battery - I told them - it happen with either battery and was at the start of the H+ just sitting there (I sent 1 battery with it as they asked me to).

There was a thread a while back where a member had a Plus fall from the sky. In the subsequent responses, the guy that made the telemetry reading program (forget his forum name), was looking into the telemetry and found similar messages regarding "low avionics voltage"

I had to input my POI center twice yesterday to function. I feel like some of the lay over graphics don’t recognize your touch gestures first time. That’s still an issue with the OTA updater where it won’t go to your WiFi and just gets stuck. This latest update is lacking in detail about what they fixed or added. I could do without the fancy floating pictures also and get a better app screen but that also appears internally set and not user control.

That being said, it seems to be even smoother in flight with this update.

It’s interesting that GPS is still on... as previously stated that selection is in the hidden menu...but manual is easily found at the bottom of the drone menu now. It seems to be an ignore GPS mode. I’m going to put it in manual and see what RTL does as it records take off point and there is nothing on the screen that says your in manual mode either. I’m playing around with adding Lume Cubes and yesterday test flight, my launch drifted noticeably. It is was then I realized that I still had manual on selected. I have yet to see the IPS activate so maybe that’s only with GPS actually off?
On the 480 with Real Sense, IPS kept you from hitting the ground even in angle mode. This is not the case with the Plus. Last I checked, follow me needed to be on to limit descent elevation and hold above ground.

It’s interesting that GPS is still on... as previously stated that selection is in the hidden menu...but manual is easily found at the bottom of the drone menu now. It seems to be an ignore GPS mode. I’m going to put it in manual and see what RTL does as it records take off point and there is nothing on the screen that says your in manual mode either. I’m playing around with adding Lume Cubes and yesterday test flight, my launch drifted noticeably. It is was then I realized that I still had manual on selected. I have yet to see the IPS activate so maybe that’s only with GPS actually off?
On the 480 with Real Sense, IPS kept you from hitting the ground even in angle mode. This is not the case with the Plus. Last I checked, follow me needed to be on to limit descent elevation and hold above ground.
I asked Yuneec Europe the GPS On GPS Off meaning in the hidden menu.

Ok...CCC worked but did not save the route. Manual mode disables RTL. Smart mode is really headless mode now and does not move the drone away if you enter safe circle. Instead, it goes back to sport mode on its own. I tried flying sport for speed and had a moment where it was still in smart and got orient confused for a second. I quick flip to RTL and back to angle set me straight.

It does not like being “pushed” in follow me and obstacle avoid. The whole system is set up for following action which I have not done yet. With OBS off, it’s fine for follow where you are free of obstacles like overhead chasing. Follow me does prohibit descent elevation regardless of OBS selected. I also had an interesting quirk where it stopped descending at about 119 feet while coming down from 250’. I let go of elevator and the ST noted angle mode activated and I got back control.

RTL is accurate enough that it landed just on the edge of my portable pad. Sport mode is crazy fast.

I’m firing everything up inside next and double checking the CCC selection to see why it’s not saving the points. A chat with Yuneec is next.

This update still required me to get my home network connected first through the Android settings to download. Once I reconnected to the camera, I still had to hit the update button to start all the proper placing, unzipping, and updating.

I do not think the US update has issues. I would even say flight control is better.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Update went smooth everything appears to be in working order, I think my non functioning task modes may now work also as I have noticed approximately three more satellites on the controller than before.

Reactions: Prince R Harden

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval