Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Mapping, my first Mapping mission

Reaction score
Just Completed my first map. Used Maps Made Easy, I highly recommend giving it a try.

I am not 107 certified (yet) but you don't have to be to use their website, I will not be using any of my maps for commercial and or personal gain as of this time. Check out my map link below

Reactions: AZflyer83 and OpaG
I can only venture a few guesses.

Don’t want to.

Don’t understand the technology.

Don’t want to learn new technology.

Limited to only flying in Home mode.

Lack of interest.

More effort required than with some other platforms.

Fear of crashing.

Too much effort involved beyond flying it..

Reactions: Adamg1180

Don’t want to.

Lack of interest.

Fear of crashing.

Yes, I agree, personally I want to get as much as I can from mine. Yes the H has limits but I feel there is much more potential than people use.

Just Completed my first map. Used Maps Made Easy, I highly recommend giving it a try.

I am not 107 certified (yet) but you don't have to be to use their website, I will not be using any of my maps for commercial and or personal gain as of this time. Check out my map link below

Hi Adam thanks for sharing that.
Could you describe the process to create the map? There are numerous options on mapsmadeeasy.com and not sure which is appropriate.
Cheers

Reactions: Adamg1180
It is great to see another mapper here. It is really fun to map manually. Here's mine, using the Typhoon H Plus.

My maiden flight and a test map

My second

Could you describe the process to create the map? There are numerous options on mapsmadeeasy.com and not sure which is appropriate.
Cheers

Ok, from start to finish:

I use UAV tool box to plan the mission and exported it as a curved cable cam file.
Cheers

I would be glad to.

Step 1: I use UAV toolbox to create the mission and export it to a curved cable cam file in the ST16,
I set the mission in a tight grid pattern with the camera facing the ground the whole time (90 degrees from level)
Step 2: I set the camera to burst mode one photo per second and started the mission.
Step 3: Once the mission was complete I uploaded the pictures to my pc (all need to be jpeg only)
(you will only be uploading every other photo to their service so be prepared)
Step 4: Once you have an account setup with www.mapsmadeeasy.com select New map at the top right
mme p1.png

Step 5: Select Create Map
mme2.png

Step 6: Name your map
then select next
mme3.JPG

Step 7: Select the 3 boxes located at this page (it is vital to have all of the images come from the same camera) then click select images to upload

mme4.png

Step 8: Select the images from your PC (I created a folder just for the images and deleted every one so that I could select all of them in the specific folder) select next

Step 9: Test image tag : select one of the photos from your PC to test the location reference for map overlay, select the box at the bottom and click next

mme7.JPG

Step 10: Confirm the images, click next

mme8.JPG

Step 11: Select the last orange box { Normal (1X points) } and select the top option in the box to the right, then select next

mme9.png

Step 12: Verify EXIF location, select next

mme10.JPG

Step 13: Select approval box and upload now

mme11.JPG

Step 14: Sit back and wait! Everything else is automated.

Let me know if this is clear or you need more information. I just started exploring this service and will continue to learn how to use it.

Reactions: AlgebraMan
It is great to see another mapper here. It is really fun to map manually. Here's mine, using the Typhoon H Plus.

My maiden flight and a test map

My second

Very nice, what software are you using?

I use UAV tool box to plan the mission and exported it as a curved cable cam file.

I would be glad to.

Step 1: I use UAV toolbox to create the mission and export it to a curved cable cam file in the ST16,
I set the mission in a tight grid pattern with the camera facing the ground the whole time (90 degrees from level)
Step 2: I set the camera to burst mode one photo per second and started the mission.
Step 3: Once the mission was complete I uploaded the pictures to my pc (all need to be jpeg only)
Step 4: Once you have an account setup with www.mapsmadeeasy.com select New map at the top right
View attachment 17537

View attachment 17538

then select next
View attachment 17539

Step 7: Select the 3 boxes located at this page (it is vital to have all of the images come from the same camera) then click select images to upload

View attachment 17540

Step 8: Select the images from your PC (I created a folder just for the images and deleted every one so that I could select all of them in the specific folder) select next

Step 9: Test image tag : select one of the photos from your PC to test the location reference for map overlay, select the box at the bottom and click next

View attachment 17541

View attachment 17542

Step 11: Select the last orange box { Normal (1X points) } and select the top option in the box to the right, then select next

View attachment 17543

View attachment 17544

View attachment 17545

Let me know if this is clear or you need more information. I just started exploring this service and will continue to learn how to use it.
Thanks Adam

Don’t want to.

Lack of interest.

Fear of crashing.

Then again, everyone has a right to do what they want with their own products.

I would be glad to.

View attachment 17537

View attachment 17538

then select next
View attachment 17539

View attachment 17540

View attachment 17541

View attachment 17542

View attachment 17543

View attachment 17544

View attachment 17545

I got quite excited about this but it does not work on the H Plus. Doh!

The guy who built the software, may or may not make it available, I suppose it's not his full time job and may have other commitments, so it's wait and see I'm afraid.

If you really want to create a photogrammetry of a structure or landmark it’s not hard. There’s so many approach.

The guy who built the software, may or may not make it available, I suppose it's not his full time job and may have other commitments, so it's wait and see I'm afraid.

Yes, I’m hoping it is released for the H plus, UAV toolbox is absolutely my favorite tool on my TH.

If you really want to create a photogrammetry of a structure or landmark it’s not hard. There’s so many approach.

I’m curious about your workflow, if you don’t mind could you elaborate a little?
Do you stitch the photos yourself?

I’m curious about your workflow, if you don’t mind could you elaborate a little?
Do you stitch the photos yourself?

1) The Typhoon H Plus is not capable of mission planning, but it has CCC capabilities, which is good enough. Personally I also manually fly the drone, there might be deviations, but try to stay on a straight path. My second manual map was with the aid of a steady device. (Kindly use the search option in this forum to learn more about the steady device.)
2) My workflow is simple. I fly on a straight path on the grid back n' forth and shoot in videos, I then convert the footage into jpeg.
3) Here's a great discussion w/ another mapper: Manual Mapping

Photos are not being stitched if you are doing 3D photogrammetry but layered this is why overlaps are important to fill the mesh for 3D. However, in 2D you can opt to stitch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval