Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H maps

Reaction score
I have the Typhoon Pro with real sense which does not have a mapping system. Does the Typhoon H Plus have a mapping system? I noticed that Yuneec did add the attitude indicator to the Plus which was a good move.
Bill Dunnuck

Reactions: Prince R Harden
No, you will need to look into a H520.

My challenge... And this will open new and fun possibilities for you when flying. Learn about photogrammetry via manual flight.

A CCC mission flying a grid pattern might get you pretty close.

Reactions: RPR
Hard to believe. Toy drones have maps. $1800 T Plus and no mapping? Crazy.
The H Plus is advertised as a photographic platform and the H520 as a mapping platform. Both perform their design functions well.
I have the Typhoon Pro with real sense which does not have a mapping system.
Bill Dunnuck
Your H Pro can use UAVToolbox. Have you checked it out?

Last edited:
The H Plus is advertised as a photographic platform and the H520 as a mapping platform. Both perform their design functions well.

Your H Pro can use UAVToolbox. Have you checked it out?
I dont know what UAVToolbox is. Could you explain?
Bill

Reactions: Jimmie
I have the Typhoon Pro with real sense which does not have a mapping system. Does the Typhoon H Plus have a mapping system? I noticed that Yuneec did add the attitude indicator to the Plus which was a good move.
Bill Dunnuck
Good morning I have a Typhoon H Pro know it do not have a mapping system.

Was I know only the typhoon H5 20 has the mapping system maybe somebody else might know.

Bill Dunnuck
Good morning I have a Typhoon H Pro know it do not have a mapping system.

Was I know only the typhoon H5 20 has the mapping system maybe somebody else might know.
Hard to believe. Toy drones have maps. $1800 T Plus and no mapping? Crazy.
Yes it is crazy

but my plans is to get the t H plus and the 520 before they stop selling them.

Why? One or the other is understandable but not both. For the amount of money spent to buy both units considering the camera on each is the same, having but a different name.

If you needed to have the features of both units might it make more financial sense to buy something that has everything you need in one model?

Why? One or the other is understandable but not both. For the amount of money spent to buy both units considering the camera on each is the same, having but a different name.

If you needed to have the features of both units might it make more financial sense to buy something that has everything you need in one model?
yes may be so but each model is set up to do different things and a reason for buying all three is to do different things with them.
it would be nice to have one that does all what unfortunate is not that way. besides the best part about this having three helps just in case you have a problem with one in the midst of a job except the 520.

I dont know what UAVToolbox is. Could you explain?
Bill
UAV Toolbox is the only app that can be installed on the ST16 for the H. It will not work on other models. While it is not a mapping program it does allow you to preplan a flight on a map and then fly that route as a CCC flight.

UAV Toolbox is the only app that can be installed on the ST16 for the H. It will not work on other models. While it is not a mapping program it does allow you to preplan a flight on a map and then fly that route as a CCC flight.

thank you for sharing that information I've always thought about the mapping system . now I know what a find one thank you very much

smh. Mapping is overrated. Mapping is done in certain small percentage for the build (doc)

I'm a land surveyor, I bought my typhoon H in June 2016, got my 107 in August.

I've done manual mapping with my H using UAV toolbox. It worked fine, the biggest project I did was for an out of state engineer working on a cell tower site next to a river. The river was eroding the tower foundation. The site was about 10 acres.

The trick with UAV Toolbox is no camera control. The H flys the mission, but you have to decide on the timing of the photos and then execute manually.

I ended up building my own HEX for mapping.

I also added a fixed wing.

My H is primarily for photo/video shoots now.

I used a Tarot 590(maybe 690) frame, 16000 mah battery, Pixhawk flight controler running mission planner. Emlid reach GPS, Sony NEX 5N camera with no gimbal, it just mounts solid pointing straight down, lol. Radiolink AT-ll controller.

The whole rig is RTK capable, but for me it's easier to post process the data and geo-tag the images in the office.

I used a Tarot 590(maybe 690) frame, 16000 mah battery, Pixhawk flight controler running mission planner. Emlid reach GPS, Sony NEX 5N camera with no gimbal, it just mounts solid pointing straight down, lol. Radiolink AT-ll controller.

The whole rig is RTK capable, but for me it's easier to post process the data and geo-tag the images in the office.

You did things right. No need for a stabilized gimbal for mapping, just vibration isolators. APM and Pixhawk were the first to engage in multirotor mapping and still excel with that function. A little over the top with the NEX but it’s great for lots of other things.

People that use the right tool for the job get my vote every time.

Reactions: Jim Davies

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33