Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H model size

Reaction score
Hi and hope everybody is well great place for information,
I am looking to buy a solid case and the add I have seen States for a typhoon H now I'm assuming that all Typhoon H models would be the same size and shape as the plus/professional it's just the electronics that's different, apologize if this has been posted elsewhere I have looked and can't find it and again apologise if it sounds like a silly question but this is my first experience with Yuneec Drones and there is certainly a lot of different models, many thanks Ron

The H and H Pro have the same size, at 480mm greatest distance between the motors. This model is now identified as a H 480.

The H 520, the H Plus and the new H3 all are larger at 520mm greatest distance between the motors.

Screenshot_20200307_230048.jpg
Thanks for all the help that is the case I am looking at but at £450 I can't make the mistake it's just that I do like having the arms open and the props ready to fly without taking everything out the case to get the drone out again many thanks

View attachment 20602
Thanks for all the help that is the case I am looking at but at £450 I can't make the mistake it's just that I do like having the arms open and the props ready to fly without taking everything out the case to get the drone out again many thanks
Does £450 include shipping and import costs? It can be expensive to import.

View attachment 20602
Hi Ron, this looka like a great accesory, would you mind sharing the details please ?

Personally, if I was looking for a hard case because of travel needs I’d fold the arms to make use of a smaller case. Once case hit “oversize” dimensions the cost to ship, both as freight and baggage, go up exponentially. There’s no feeling quite like the one when you check your airline baggage and find your drone is going to cost you an extra $200.00-$400.00 to go with you, each way.

Thanks for the link after doing some investigation all the Typhoon h models are the same size it's only added extras that make the difference so again thanks for the link and got one on order and it should be with me by a roundabout the beginning of April, oh and and the reason I want the case is for local work it's still only approximately 2 foot Square any other work I can do using the original rucksacks/case

Plus and H3 have a wider wingspan 480 (H) compared to 520 (H plus and H3).

Thanks for the link after doing some investigation all the Typhoon h models are the same size it's only added extras that make the difference <SNIP>

Absolutely incorrect... they are not the same size.... it would be advisable to defer to more experienced pilots. The width and length may be similar, but with the Plus, H520 and H3, the longer span of the arms will result in a greater height, even with the arms folded down.

Plus and H3 have a wider wingspan 480 (H) compared to 520 (H plus and H3).

I think it is becoming obvious, to some, Ron is talikng about all the “names” for the H480 kits.

H
H Pro
H Advance

All the same base aircraft at 480mm; difference in accessories or marketing.

So with that, Ron is correct. All the 480mm versions have the same wingspan.

As @Mrgs1 and @Eagle’s Eye Video have pointed out, the 520mm aircraft are, at this point in time, completely different versions, not compatible with each other in any way, other than the aircraft frames. The controller software, aircraft firmware, and individual cameras are unique for each 520mm model.

The 520mm family being:

H520 - commercial audience
H Plus - prosumer photography/cinematography
H3 - step up/down/sideways from H Plus

Hope this helps anyone trying to follow this thread.

Jeff

I don’t understand why people can’t figure out there’s a 40mm difference between 480 and 520...
Because it’s just under 1 5/8ths inches??

The Typhoon H & H+ are the same Heights, the Only difference is the Length of the Motor Arms.
  • You can't put a Typhoon H+ in a Typhoon H Foam Insert or Case.
  • You can put a Typhoon H in a Typhoon H+ Foam Insert or Case
You could Remove some of the Foam under the 2 Front & 2 Back Motor Arms and the H+ would then Fit a Typhoon H Foam insert or Case
Yuneec Backpack & Case Foam Inserts 10.0.pngYuneec Backpack & Case Foam Inserts 10.0.png

That is 1 Nice Case, Holds 7 Batteries, with Props on, that's Cool!
Have you seen the YouTube video with the original backpack, they manage to store 10 0r more batteries in the top pouch, too heavy to carry I suspect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval