Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H no right yaw

Reaction score
has anyone had the problem of no yaw to the right, yaw to the left works fine, this seemed to appear after I got it back from yuneec service after a brick job, flew it first time and seemed ok back when it was cold but it was windy and wasn't sure, this spring flew it again and I had no right yaw, left was ok, tried it again with a reboot and same thing, the only difference I noticed was in turtle mode no right yaw, in rabbit mode right yaw is very very slow, left yaw was fine either mode, big difference between left and right, software is up to date, did all the calibrations, it flies fine except for the no yaw to the right. any suggestions?

has anyone had the problem of no yaw to the right, yaw to the left works fine, this seemed to appear after I got it back from yuneec service after a brick job, flew it first time and seemed ok back when it was cold but it was windy and wasn't sure, this spring flew it again and I had no right yaw, left was ok, tried it again with a reboot and same thing, the only difference I noticed was in turtle mode no right yaw, in rabbit mode right yaw is very very slow, left yaw was fine either mode, big difference between left and right, software is up to date, did all the calibrations, it flies fine except for the no yaw to the right. any suggestions?
Open Hardware Monitor on the ST16 and check your sticks especially the left stick. It should show the output when the stick is moved and it should look exactly like the right stick.

Open Hardware Monitor on the ST16 and check your sticks especially the left stick. It should show the output when the stick is moved and it should look exactly like the right stick.
Hi Steve I think I found the problem, in the hardware monitor the rudder control about -10% with the stick center, if I move it full left 45% full right 20%, I went in to channel settings/rudder/j2/edit and found the orange bar center stick about -10% move left -45% move right -20%, not correct if im right, so I moved the left stick around in circles several times and now I have 0% center stick move left 99% move right 98%, if I move the stick either way while applying throttle up and down the numbers jump up and down, if I move the stick slowly the numbers go back to stupid again so I flip the stick and the numbers look good again, I assume that the left pot stick has gone to out, I will call yuneec again and see if I can get the part. Im going on vaca in a few weeks and was going to take it with me
Thanks for your help and I hope I explained this ok and help for others

Have you performed the ST-16 calibration in the secret menu?
I just did and it didn't do anything to it, I still noticed that the graph is still unstable with the numbers and if I flip the stick it seems ok for a few minutes then numbers are off again, as I look now center stick 10% positive, left %70 right 90-84% moving, check it again and the numbers are different, I let it sit for 1 minute and center stick is now 0% pretty crazy, as we speak hardware monitor shows rudder output -3% center sick

I just did and it didn't do anything to it, I still noticed that the graph is still unstable with the numbers and if I flip the stick it seems ok for a few minutes then numbers are off again, as I look now center stick 10% positive, left %70 right 90-84% moving, check it again and the numbers are different, I let it sit for 1 minute and center stick is now 0% pretty crazy, as we speak hardware monitor shows rudder output -3% center sick
I'm guessing the potentiometer on that stick has some oxidation on the contacts. You can replace the stick, send in the ST16 for repair or use some electrical contact cleaner that is safe for plastic. Several people have found the cleaner fixes the issue. It's fast and cheap.

I'm guessing the potentiometer on that stick has some oxidation on the contacts. You can replace the stick, send in the ST16 for repair or use some electrical contact cleaner that is safe for plastic. Several people have found the cleaner fixes the issue. It's fast and cheap.
hello Steve, I did buy a can of crc contact cleaner, removed the gimbal from the st16 sprayed it while moving the stick, blew it dry with air can, back together, re did calibration and wala its works perfect, Thanks for your time

Reactions: Steve Carr
hello Steve, I did buy a can of crc contact cleaner, removed the gimbal from the st16 sprayed it while moving the stick, blew it dry with air can, back together, re did calibration and wala its works perfect, Thanks for your time
Great!!! You may want to check that stick every few weeks until you are confident it will stay functional. However, I've never had one that misbehaved after the spray treatment. A bit like pepper spray on a raccoon.

Reactions: AS apex and madatme

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430