Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H officially discontinued

Reaction score
Sadly, it is officially discontinued.

On top of that, I'm very angry because it seems that they also discontinued replacement batteries, they are impossible to find at least in Europe, and I just bought mine six months ago.

Sadly, it is officially discontinued.

On top of that, I'm very angry because it seems that they also discontinued replacement batteries, they are impossible to find at least in Europe, and I just bought mine six months ago.
Batteries aren't impossible to get, been buying from Yuneec up-to a week ago and still showing in stock. You need to search like the rest of us, I've been able to source 3 stockists here in UK with them in stock, I've built up a complete set of spares etc, to keep going, nothing lasts forever. If your serious about using the Typhoon, get the essential items to keep you going. Your not the first one and won't be the last one to buy something that becomes obsolete.

Last edited:
That is sad, but tbh I was surprised they didn't discontinue it as soon as they released the H+. Go get your new batteries and spares while you still can I guess.
It may seem like a 3-year death sentence, but I bet we start seeing some creative solutions by the community that could extend our flying times for a good deal longer than that...

Reactions: Grumpy
Some spares are shared across the range so they'll be OK,

Hi Jack,

Would be a shame if it happens. I do not believe so. Why do you think, this will happens ?

Greetings Marc

Considering they never brought out another firmware update since 17/03/2017 its pretty much been discontinued since then in my eyes. They probably just didn't declare it so people would keep buying the majority of the remaining stock.

Considering they never brought out another firmware update since 17/03/2017 its pretty much been discontinued since then in my eyes. They probably just didn't declare it so people would keep buying the majority of the remaining stock.
The firmware was pretty much complete and stable, why bother with any gimmicks.

I bought a spare "H" from ebay and some additional batteries. I'm set for a while.
Welcome to the planned obsolesce world. They expect you to throw it away and buy a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR
In 2 years time. And the next model in 5 years time and so on.
I received my H at the start of June 2016....just a few days longer than 3 years ago, one of the first to receive one in the U.K. Here we are 3 years on and they've pulled the plug...seems that 3 years was the plan all along.

sad sad sad. I hate to admit it, but could a mavic 2 pro be my future bride? [emoji3061]

Don’t get one, because the range is better, intelligent modes are accurate, nannywear, the camera quality is top par, and commercial pilots use them to map and survey.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval