Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H owner

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Don Crowe and my Typhoon H is my third drone. I joined this forum for two reasons. First was to learn from fellow pilots and second was to see if any other pilots have had the problem that I am currently encountering with a crash that was the drone's fault and should be covered by the warranty.
About my crash. I was showing my Typhoon H to a friend, I had flown it out about 60 - 70 feet with no problems. On the way back the drone started not to respond to my inputs. I managed to get it back to me before it would not respond to any of my inputs. When I finally got it back it hovered at about 30 ft. and just sat there. It would not go up, down or to the side. I had time to try inputs in all the flight modes with no response and I just watched as it slowly drifted into the side of my friends garage breaking two props and crashing down into my car's windshield leaving a nice hole.
Then is when the real problems started. I contacted Yuneec and they instructed me to return the drone to them which I did the last of June 2017. It took Yuneec about 6 weeks to give me any feedback. The feedback was their conclusion as to what caused the crash which was of coarse pilot error. I'm a retired engineer and when I sent the drone back I included a very detailed account of what happened. I contacted Yuneec about their conclusion and they agreed to look at their data again. It is now Nov. 2017 and the only feedback I have received from them is a bill for $245.00
My newest concern is the information from a friend that is a nationally ranked RC stunt pilot and he is telling me that there are rumors that Yuncce may be filling for chapter 11. As I see it I can pay the $245 ransom or possibly loose my drone.

Sounds like it was in Smart Mode.
Eng's do make mistakes form time to time.;)

The goal of filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, versus Chapter 7, is to become profitable. To achieve this goal, the debtor's first move is to renegotiate leases and contracts and either have debts discharged or partially repay them. Creditors have an incentive to work with the debtor and make compromises, since they generally would not get better terms in a Chapter 7 action.

rumors that Yuncce may be filling for chapter 11. As I see it I can pay the $245 ransom or possibly loose my drone.
Hmmm.......how does a Chinese company file Chapter 11?

As far as your crash, it is pretty difficult to accurately understand what might have occurred without the flight logs to review. What you describe is technically possible although extremely unusual. If it didn't respond to Home mode then the GPS or the Flight Controller would have had to fail. That should be reflected in the telemetry.

I'm curious why Yuneec has sent you a bill. Did they repair the damage for $245?

Yuneec received $60 million in funding from Intel’s venture-capital arm, a 15% stake in Yuneec. Since there are westerners involved owning a stake in the company it can go to court here in the US

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio