Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Owners Manual errors

Reaction score
In November of 2018 I ordered a refurbished Typhoon H pro. Prior to its arrival I downloaded the Owners Manual from the Yuneec website. I wasn't familiar with the capabilities of GPS based drones and was amazed and had difficulty in believing that it could do what it said. I had problems with the drone that I suspect were due to the old app data not being cleared after the firmware was updated. The Owners Manual wasn't of any help. I Googled and came across this forum and found many negative comments about the Owners Manual and recommendations to use the modified manual. It wasn't of any more help in solving the problem but I've been using it ever since. After reading some negative comments in a recent post and now knowing a bit more about drones I checked the original manual and found it to be clear and well written and was unable to find any reason for the negative comments. Could anyone help me identify the errors?

I think the modified and expanded manual written by @ogrench was not so much to correct errors, rather to expand on the minimal information provided in the OEM manual, with real world, user info.

For example, while the OEM manual provides enough information to complete a compass calibration, the expanded manual provides additional information and reasons for removing the camera during the compass calibration process, which greatly increases the success rate of said calibration.

Could anyone help me identify the errors?

You are reading a newer version of the manual than the first that came out for the Typhoon H. I had come across version 1 some time ago and deleted it due to poor translation and misleading info. The latest version from Yuneec is much improved over that first one, but still lacks the completeness of the Vcho version.

All of that being said, translating documentation from Chinese to Western languages is no easy task. Chinese is an ancient language and phraseology is different than the Western languages. Things expressed in Chinese are perfectly understood by those generating the documents and those reading them in the native tongue, but subtleties can be lost in translation and are not found by those doing the translation. This usually occurs because the translator has little or no knowledge of the information being translated. What is really needed is a tech that is fluent in both languages doing the translation.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone