Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TYPHOON H PLUS Battery and Charging solution:

Reaction score
I'm asking this again in a different way to generate different replies. The ones I have been getting have been avoiding the main point...

WHERE DO YOU ALL GET YOUR BATTERIES FOR THE TYPHOON H PLUS???

And

HOW DO YOU CHARGE AND STORE THEM MOST EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY?

Thanks.

WHERE DO YOU ALL GET YOUR BATTERIES FOR THE TYPHOON H PLUS???
I bought mine on Amazon. The supplier doesn't have any now. There are other suppliers. They are expensive. I have (8) in total still working well.
I have an HTRC-T240 Charger. I keep them at “Storage” level until I need to fly. The charger will balance charge, discharge, and charge to storage level. I have (2) balanced leads I bought when you could find H+ leads. Good luck with those.

I'm asking this again in a different way to generate different replies. The ones I have been getting have been avoiding the main point...

Few points have been avoided... however I understand your frustration with the answers.

As @Fred Garvin has pointed out, you are looking at 3rd party sources like Amazon and eBay... and as always with supply and demand, you will pay a premium. Which brings us to your second point... several chargers are out there, that will do the job of providing all the necessary functions of balance charging, storage charging, digital readouts of needed measurements of both individual cell voltage and Internal Resistance.

The problem is that these chargers require an adapter cable that is no longer available in the US. Apparently you can still obtain them though EU sources. Otherwise you are looking at the DY5 charger series... it will balance charge and storage discharge, however it will not provide IR readings. Considering how expensive the H+ batteries are, attention to IR readings have even more importance.

It is exactly this lack of availability, of basic maintenance and repair items... that has kept me from getting a H+ for months.

Last edited:

I can only vouch for Copter EU, don't know what the others are like, I found in stock in Australia too.

Last edited:
This thread shows how to modify the OEM charger. It will still function as a normal charger or you can use an aftermarket charger.

I have been looking for thr H Plus balance cable in the US for months. No one has them. I did have one for the 480 which I sold with the unit a few months ago. Hard to understand why the Plus cables are not available but the are not. I do have the DY5 for the Plus and it works just fine. It will charge and discharge batteries for storage. My guess is the H3 will have yet another battery connection.

Bill,

I suspect the reason charge adapters are not available is due to a lack of demand. It’s the same reason aftermarket batteries are not available. Companies and people make products to sell anticipating they can make a profit from their efforts. If there are enough people owing the aircraft there can be a market case made that justifies creating aftermarket components.

Neither the 520 or H Plus has sold in high enough volume to justify mass production of charge adapters. Not enough of them could be sold to justify setting up for making them. Lacking volume people find they end up selling them for a price that equates to break even or a loss, or end up with a bunch of unsold inventory.

As batteries age and wear out and OEM battery supplies dry up you will be faced with a decision to retire your aircraft or convert the power plugs to something that will accommodate more readily available power plugs. Such an action is not difficult but does require the owner accept a change in aesthetics.

Last edited:
Bill,

I suspect the reason charge adapters are not available is due to a lack of demand. It’s the dame reason aftermarket batteries are not available. Companies and people make products to sell anticipating they can make a profit from their efforts. If there are enough people owing the aircraft there can be a market case made that justifies creating aftermarket components.

Neither the 520 or H Plus has sold in high enough volume to justify mass production of charge adapters. Not enough of them could be sold to justify setting up for making them. Lacking volume people find they end up selling them for a price that equates to break even or a loss, or end up with a bunch of unsold inventory.

As batteries age and wear out and ORM battery supplies dry up you will be faced with a decision to retire your aircraft or convert the power plugs to something that will accommodate more readily available power plugs. Such an action is not difficult but does require the owner accept a change in aesthetics.
I agree. I have a Plus that has very low hours and 6 batteries. I have mixed emotions about selling as I keep hoping the situation with Yuneec will right itself. Not sure it will. They just can’t seem to get it together. My guess is that the H3 will have yet another new battery and not use the Plus battery which will make finding the Plus batteries even more difficult to find. Fortunately I have other drones to fly. Thanks for your comments.

I agree. I have a Plus that has very low hours and 6 batteries. I have mixed emotions about selling as I keep hoping the situation with Yuneec will right itself. Not sure it will. They just can’t seem to get it together. My guess is that the H3 will have yet another new battery and not use the Plus battery which will make finding the Plus batteries even more difficult to find. Fortunately I have other drones to fly. Thanks for your comments.

No guessing needed. We have already seen the specs and pictures, showing yet another different battery connection scheme.

Jeff

Despite their propensity to create a new power plug with each new model, a nice thing about Yuneec is they have not incorporated a power circuit that precludes the use of after market batteries like DJI has done.

One only needs to change plugs to facilitate the use of much cheaper and easier to obtain batteries. However, doing so means you end up with an exposed, visible power wire. For some that’s enough reason to retire a great performing drone. For others it’s not an issue. Then again, those that can accept a visible wire are likely the same people that would marry an over weight gal, understanding that who and what they are inside is more important than what they look like on the outside[emoji6]

Despite their propensity to create a new power plug with each new model, a nice thing about Yuneec is they have not incorporated a power circuit that precludes the use of after market batteries like DJI has done.

One only needs to change plugs to facilitate the use of much cheaper and easier to obtain batteries. However, doing so means you end up with an exposed, visible power wire. For some that’s enough reason to retire a great performing drone. For others it’s not an issue. Then again, those that can accept a visible wire are likely the same people that would marry an over weight gal, understanding that who and what they are inside is more important than what they look like on the outside[emoji6]

It’s all a matter of degrees, definitions, perspectives, “relative to what,” ya da, ya da.

Nothing I wrote implies perspective. One either wants to continue flying a particular model or they don’t. They want cheaper, more easily available batteries or they don’t. They can accept minor modifications or they can’t. It’s choice, not perspective.

An issue impacting those choices is the amount of effort people are willing to put into their activities. Most want cheap, easy, totally RTF and are averse to anything that requires assembly. A lack of “want to” ends up a case of “won’t do” unless someone else does it for them.

Reactions: Docdor
Once in a while Vertigo Drones has the Venom LiHV 7300mah battery for H520/H+ on sale, when I see that I scoop a few.

For charging I use my own fabricated LiHV charge cables (I made 4) and a SkyRC Q200 charger.

Attachments

• IMG_2219.JPG
    IMG_2219.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: Mike Irish
I got some replacement batteries for my H plus. The first one I got lasts longer that the official Yuneec H Plus 5250 mAh battery.The battery I got is a GiFi Power 8050 nAh 4s/14v (old stile H battery) . I was so happy with the GiGi battery that I ordered more of them. I also ordered two of the old style charging leads at app $20 for the two of them. Here is a link to the Ebay sellers page.
I hope that this helps others who are finding it hard to source replacement batteries for their H and H plus.
PS. the price is also very good.
Cheers.
Mike

Once in a while Vertigo Drones has the Venom LiHV 7300mah battery for H520/H+ on sale, when I see that I scoop a few.

For charging I use my own fabricated LiHV charge cables (I made 4) and a SkyRC Q200 charger.
Nice one. I got two of these charging leads from Yuneec in the UK for £20 each but the delivery was another £16.
I found that the yuneec's own battery was very overpriced at £150 plus shipping. I got the GiFt 8050 mAh that I find lasts gives me longer lifetimes for $92.00 delivered, A no brainer?
PS checkout the link on my previous post above.
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR

You can paint the wires black to blend into the copter.

Bill,

I suspect the reason charge adapters are not available is due to a lack of demand. It’s the same reason aftermarket batteries are not available. Companies and people make products to sell anticipating they can make a profit from their efforts. If there are enough people owing the aircraft there can be a market case made that justifies creating aftermarket components.

As batteries age and wear out and OEM battery supplies dry up you will be faced with a decision to retire your aircraft or convert the power plugs to something that will accommodate more readily available power plugs. Such an action is not difficult but does require the owner accept a change in aesthetics.
So what you are saying is the leads were never popular in US so when stocks were diminished that was it? So the continued availablity in other countries is just down to demand or just they were supplied with more. Strange market strategy. Yuneec seem to treat Europe differently with drone releases, parts etc, it's not perfect.

Last edited:
Yuneec seem to treat Europe differently with drone releases, parts etc, it's not perfect.

I’ve noticed that and I think the difference goes all the way back to when our FAA interfered with all the commercial activities that were underway prior to Part 333 implementation. Although the U.S. market was and is much larger, just when Yuneec had released a then superb commercial platform that was doing well in Europe and the UK the FAA slammed the door shut on commercial activities, which severely impacted sales of their new commercial product. That hurt them badly as they may have been depending on U.S. sales to carry the day. Shortly thereafter Yuneec ran into problems with their creditors. It would be almost 3 years before Part 107 allowed a resurgence in commercial activity in significant number.

The EU and UK did not follow in the U.S. footsteps, which allowed Yuneec to start capturing commercial market share but there just wasn’t enough of it to make it pay as during the same period DJI started focusing on similar but more limited platforms selling for less money. Ever since Yuneec has been consistently reducing their presence and service for the U.S. market. Regardless, the folks in the UK and EU seem to have better Yuneec product access and support than in the U.S.

So what you are saying is the leads were never popular in US so when stocks were diminished that was it? So the continued availablity in other countries is just down to demand or just they were supplied with more. Strange market strategy. Yuneec seem to treat Europe differently with drone releases, parts etc, it's not perfect.
Yuneec never manufactured the charge cable leads for either the H480 battery (pin contacts) or the H520/H+ battery (tab contacts). In N America, they were made by Venom (and possibly another company) and sold as aftermarket items. When the demand volume never reached the profiability level, it became too expensive to produce for such a small market. In the EU, I'm not sure who the manufacturer of the cables seen on copterEU and other EU sources is, but I suspect they will be in short supply soon.

I think most refer to the leads being Yuneec because they are dedicated to their batteries. Even if in short supply the original cradle can be modified to use with a third party charger, it's not all doom and gloom, and of course the battery modifications which don't require any exclusive leads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace