Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus brand new.

Reaction score
Well, it feels like brand new.

After the NFZ unlock, work just got better, I took the H+ to do a survey the sites this morning, before I mapping this weekend.. And behind the scenes it made the DJI fan boys, stare and ask questions, they are all wondering if I've gone to the darkside. Heck yea.. I'm flying a Hex, bro, and hex don't crash like DJI drones.

There are some negatives points to the H+ but for now, I will concentrate on the pros and to put it in one word... BAD ***! Because the H+ held its own, and ate the geofence warnings like a champ. BUT! It almost gave me a heart attack , when it suddenly lost connections, but flew right back and regained connectivity. Loving this bird right now.

Nice video ! beautiful shots you took.

And behind the scenes it made the DJI fan boys, stare and ask questions, they are all wondering if I've gone to the darkside. Heck yea.. I'm flying a Hex, bro, and hex don't crash like DJI drones.
haha ! I didn't see that before. I love the hex ! That's why I bought the H ! It doesn't crash. A fail safe that won't cost you another 100-400$ for a frickin parachute !

haha ! I didn't see that before. I love the hex ! That's why I bought the H ! It doesn't crash. A fail safe that won't cost you another 100-400$ for a frickin parachute !

Along with forfeiting flight time and increased load on the electrics for the weight of the chute.

exactly dude. Not that I have anything against DJI drones. They're pretty nice drones. Just wish they had a mavic or inspire in a hex:p

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Excellent video. I know that area very well.

The saddest thing is we allow ourselves to 'live' in these ant-hill constructs.

I am assuming $3k month for a 1+ bedroom flat?

(Your video is brilant enough for social comment)

So the bird lost the control signal and enter RTH? Was it behind a building? Unusual to lose the control signal.

It’s not unusual for Yuneec drones to lose signal special in a busy urban settings, I’ve read a handful of reports from others. Yuneec needs to patch this up. This is due to the geofence warning, once it’s logged it becomes buggy.

History of FW patch (none Yuneec) out of topic.

Early 2016 this was a problem with DJI patch, and the GoApp was unusable for two months, and Litchi became a popular name and DJI learned from Litchi, but Litchi was not also perfect, but doable at that time. The GoApp was fixed again mid 2016 and failed again early 2017.

DJI released a weird patch last Jan to late February. Drones was flying away and had video lags, and sudden video feed cut off. Again, Litchi to the rescue, in 2018 Litchi has matured and is bullet proof, and just recently 3 months ago, DJI finally released a great working patch. So, everyone is back to using the GoApp

Presently, with my experience with Yuneec, it feels like I’m flying the first and second version of the DJI GoApp it’s very sensitive to geofencing, and this is causing the video lag, and from the locations where I tested the H+ is in one of my busiest site.

Yuneec needs a patch that will will allow the controller gain faster sat connection and redefine its geofence preferred. There are lots of source codes in open drone archives, but Yuneec is not sharing or allow modifications to its source code. (I think that’s what it’s called)

The H+ handled it well today, without any complaints, and I kind of knew that it was going lose signal, due to the area being busy, and I know my aircraft by now. I am actually glad that it did, because it reassured me that the RTH, functions properly.

exactly dude. Not that I have anything against DJI drones. They're pretty nice drones. Just wish they had a mavic or inspire in a hex:p

It’s not a hex, bro.

What if DJI decides to make a consumer hex,
with a P4P price range? Hummmmm

Excellent video. I know that area very well.

The saddest thing is we allow ourselves to 'live' in these ant-hill constructs.

I am assuming $3k month for a 1+ bedroom flat?

(Your video is brilant enough for social comment)

They are small town homes 4 bedroom, the Turing by the Great Mall and 750 studio are condos and the range around 3k or so.

The Bay Area as we know are getting overly congested. I have 4 more sites in the area that I will take the H+ to work this weekend.

It’s not unusual for Yuneec drones to lose signal special in a busy urban settings, I’ve read a handful of reports from others. Yuneec needs to patch this up. This is due to the geofence warning, once it’s logged it becomes buggy.
I have no clue what you are talking about. Perhaps you are confusing the video feed with the control signal. It is extremely rare to lose the control signal. I've managed to do so on one occasion. And what the heck has geofencing got to do with the rf signal?

I have no clue what you are talking about. Perhaps you are confusing the video feed with the control signal. It is extremely rare to lose the control signal. I've managed to do so on one occasion. And what the heck has geofencing got to do with the rf signal?

Geofence warning can trigger a RF signal loss, common issue.

The video lag, frozen feed is the first indications that you have a 50/50 chance loosing connection and with my experience with Yuneec after flying my machine almost daily is that you should start heading home.

Again it is not rare, fly more and take to locations outside of your comfort zone. This is not a phenomenon it just needs a good patch.

When I first encountered this, I wrote a thread about it (thread was deleted) I hand to do an emergency landing, meters away from launchpad.
It gave me a geofence warning and the drone started to drift and then I lost feed. I regain, then decided to do an emergency landing, and had my VO made sure that I land safely.

Do you have any problems if you are flying near metal structures? I have a bridge to photograph, there is a lot of metal and I do not know what to expect :) Its for 3D reconstruction ... I have to fly little closer.

Do you have any problems if you are flying near metal structures? I have a bridge to photograph, there is a lot of metal and I do not know what to expect :) Its for 3D reconstruction ... I have to fly little closer.

Do a preflight, day’s before. When you get a warning, note it, change your entry to these areas, alt and long. Position your VO strategically in critical areas, where you are getting hit. Create an exit route or bailout plan in case your drone drifts or flyaway (KILL THE SWITCH in the clear and safe area) and most importantly, try to physically move closer to the area that your are inspecting and fly in segments.

Along with forfeiting flight time and increased load on the electrics for the weight of the chute.

The chute looks ridiculous, I was tempted to get one, but $$$ and having a hex is the next best insurance. Whatever goes up must come down, and hex does not crash. Have you guys seen an Inspire 2 that got knocked out of the sky by a pigeon? Ouch!

Be very careful flying close to steel, the rf signals will be bouncing around causing instability controlling the H.
429 Extension Bridge.jpg

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Geofence warning can trigger a RF signal loss, common issue.
Are you referring to a NFZ warning? I have never observed nor heard of a geofence warning.
A common issue? I think not. You are making claims regarding things you fail to understand. Normal operation of a system does not constitute an issue.

Are you referring to a NFZ warning? I have never observed nor heard of a geofence warning.
A common issue? I think not. You are making claims regarding things you fail to understand. Normal operation of a system does not constitute an issue.

Why am I calling It geofence! Sorry for the confusion, bro “GEOMAGNETIC” now my head is back in the game and well rested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval